Mowing in the rain

  • Iggy & Svetlana
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2003
      There is no mentioning of not mowing in the rain in the new manual :o( - I think they forgot :o) I think the new manual for RL800 manual says in the 'Trouble shooting" section that sometimes if you are experiencing mowing problems, refrain from cutting wet grass as motors can overheat on it. Also, "incidental" rain is quoted as the only rain that would be covered by the warranty. Repairs by lightening are not covered :o(

      Also, the perimeter switch must be mounted vertically to avoided water damage. I had to buy one because it was not working due to some water inside - surely from the rain. I now take the switch back into the garage.

      Washing the mower with water hose is not advisable, yet nowhere in the manual I found that you cannot mow in the rain - it does make sense though with the sensitive equipment you have.

      I've mowed a couple of times in the light rain, but immediately when I see it I take my mower inside.

      And don't forget sprinklers :o)

      However, the manual for the old RL500 says to avoid mowing in the rain and not leave it outside when showers are expected.

      You can see both manuals at http://www.yahoogroups.com/groups/robomower in the File Section. You have to have a yahoo password to access them.

      Sincerely,

      IGGY Dybal

      Your Real Estate Consultant - Kansas City - RE/MAX Best

      E-mail: mailto:iggy@...   Web site: http://www.iggy.net
      Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free: 877-550-IGGY/4449

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2 8:59 AM
          Jeff,

          I was able to view the videos on a mac computer. I'm
          wondering what happened with uhoh.avi? Did you put the
          wire down like that?? That was some really strange behavior!

          http://calendar.yahoo.com
        • becauseimjeff
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3 3:27 AM
            I think in this case, there was a slightly less than 90 degree angle
            (or exactly 90)....that's what caused the weird movements...why it
            finally stopped is probably because it actually went PAST the wire
            at one point. I'll be mowing that section again tonight...will keep
            an eye on it.

            --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Clint D <clintd555@y...> wrote:
            > Jeff,
            >
            > I was able to view the videos on a mac computer. I'm
            > wondering what happened with uhoh.avi? Did you put the
            > wire down like that?? That was some really strange behavior!

            > http://calendar.yahoo.com
          • Clint D
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3 5:40 AM
              Hmm. If it's exactly 90 degrees it shouldnt have done that. Perhaps Iggy was on to something when he said there can be power cables underneath. I have several spots in my yard where the wire is right at 90 or perhaps a few degrees less and I've never had a problem.