Re: What is inside this thing?

  • terry_veldhuizen
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2004
      I have had mine apart several times (RL500). Remove the battery. On
      the bottom are several clips that hold the top on. They look like
      small black squares about 1.5" x 1/2". These get pried out. Then
      turn the mower upright WITHOUT REMOVING THE TOP. Then lift up the
      controller to access the inside. Romove the black cover that covers
      the PC board and the fuses. Remove the fuses and disconnect the
      controller cable and the charging cable. VERY CAREFULLY REMOVE THE
      TOP.

      WARNING - The clearence around the PC board is VERY TIGHT. This is
      the area that will get you into trouble if you are not careful. If
      you manhandle the top to remove it and damage the board, you are
      sunk. It is not difficult to do if you are mechnically inclined, but
      protecting the PC board is vital. Lift the top straight up to remove.

      Reverse the steps to re-assemble. Again, be very careful around the
      PC board. Also watch the alignment tabs in the battery compartment.
      The can easily slip to the wrong side of the flange. You will see
      what I mean when you re-assemble it.

      Good Luck
      Terry

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "hswaters" <hswaters@y...> wrote:
      > I am a new member who has had his robomower for a couple of years
      or
      > more. I have been reading messages for a couple days and have not
      > seen any mention of anyone having opened up his robomower. Since
      my
      > warranty is up I think I am going to pop open the hood and have a
      > look around. I program and maintain industrial computers for a
      > living so I am hoping I may recognize something in there. If and
      > when I do I will post some pictures.
      >
      > Will Friendly sell us parts? I hear a ticking from my mower now
      when
      > it goes backward which I expect is a gear with slipping teeth. If
      so
      > I will need a couple of gears.
    • terry_veldhuizen
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2004
        I live in south west Arlington. e-mail me if you are interested in
        getting together.

        Terry

        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Matt <mattcoop@s...> wrote:

        > I lost the e-mails of some of the people that have robomowers
        nearby. please send your e-mail address.