blades

  • Kansas City Homes - Iggy & Svetlana
    Message 1 of 4 , May 21, 2003
      Has anyone had the blades professionally sharpened? I know the manual says
      they maybe off balance since the go at 5,800 rpms and they recommend buying
      a set when it needs sharpening. I actually have 3 sets :o) One came with the
      mower, another one I bought and one came as a freebie when I had my mower
      "go crazy" and it had to be reprogrammed :o)

      I will sharpen one of the sets at ACE Hardware next week and will see how it
      goes. One thing I think may happen is that the mower can be noisier because
      of imbalanced blades? I doubt however that it will be such a drastic
      difference as they use precise sharpening tools, I am sure.

      I've placed a photo of the current blades I have now on the mower to the
      "Photo" section of http://www.yahoogroups.com/groups/robomower. You need to
      have a yahoo account to access it. You can set up one in seconds.

      You'll see the blades that are in my opinion rather dull, but they do a
      great job of mowing. One of the blades hit something and has two little
      scars on it. I hope the sharpening will take care of that.

      Also, I've posted photos of my old blades I have not used this season. They
      have some rust on them :o( I will use them this week to mow and I think that
      this rust will be rubbed off by the grass and they'll be as good as the
      current ones I have.

      You can click on screen size (smaller resolution) to full size for better
      details.

      Anyone can add photos of their blades to this album - so if you feel that
      you have a story to tell or to show :o) - please, do.

      Sincerely,

      IGGY Dybal

      Your Real Estate Consultant - Kansas City - RE/MAX Best

      E-mail: mailto:iggy@... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
      Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free: 877-550-IGGY/4449
      Fax: 913-234-7024
    • Clint D
      Message 2 of 4 , May 21, 2003
        Well the manual said dont do it. You could ruin a motor!

        Kansas City Homes - Iggy & Svetlana <iggyandsvetlana@...> wrote:
[...]

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • jjab33
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1 10:40 AM
          Can anyone recommend where to buy new replacement blades?
          Thanks
        • Tom Stewart
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1 12:35 PM
            Try this on Ebay. New low cut blades for $29.95 plus $7.00 S&H. Has 99 to sell.

            http://search.ebay.com/low-cut-blades_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfsprZ0QQssPageNameZRC0021