RoboMower buying tip...

  • John Stoner
    Message 1 of 11 , May 21, 2003
      A little tip for all prospective RoboMower buyers:

      mastergardening.com has free shipping on their robomowers, PLUS if you type
      "rebeccagarden" (from rebeccasgarden.com) in the coupon code it will knock
      another 10% off. That's at least $100 savings right there!

      hope this helps someone out there,
      John Stoner
      www.johnsarcade.com

    • Paul Ainsworth
      Message 2 of 11 , May 21, 2003
        Wow, that's a great buying tip. Thanks.

        Well, now it looks like I can either get the RL550
        through a local store for $600, or I can order it
        through this web page for $630.

        Does anyone with experience with the mower have
        suggestions? The main thing that has me leaning
        towards buying it from the store is the fact that it
        might be nice to have a local place where I can take
        it in case there are problems with it, repairs, etc.

        Do folks who have trouble with their mowers generally
        go directly to Friendly Robotics or to the store where
        they purchased it?

        Any advice would be appreciated.

        Thanks,
        -Paul

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • Kansas City Homes - Iggy & Svetlana
        Message 3 of 11 , May 21, 2003
          From: "Paul Ainsworth" <pains_72@...>
          > Well, now it looks like I can either get the RL550
          > through a local store for $600, or I can order it
          > through this web page for $630.
          >
          > Does anyone with experience with the mower have
          > suggestions? The main thing that has me leaning
          > towards buying it from the store is the fact that it
          > might be nice to have a local place where I can take
          > it in case there are problems with it, repairs, etc.
          >
          > Do folks who have trouble with their mowers generally
          > go directly to Friendly Robotics or to the store where
          > they purchased it?

          I think they now have dealers throughout the country who'll service it for
          you regardless of where you bought it. Used to be when they were starting
          out you could only go to FR. They also used to sell the mower themselves on
          their web site, not anymore - only through e-Tailers that they advertise on
          their web site. You also can buy from your dealer.

          I would call FR directly off their 800# on their web site and ask this
          question. I am almost sure that you can have it serviced anywhere - just
          like your car. I think there is a menu to locate the dealer on the phone
          when you call the 800#.

          Also, I am curious about the current sales of the RL550 in the US - a
          European version for sale in the US. Perhaps, some surplus that did not get
          sold in Europe and some dealers may have gotten it to get rid of? I was
          under impression that RL500 (American version) has not been for sale since
          last November or so. I remember seeing on their web site that they are out
          of stock and also no e-Tailers carried it then. Interesting... Perhaps, you
          can drive a bargain with this one?

          You may want to read the current manual on http://www.FriendlyRobotics.com -
          it says somewhere that European versions have shorter battery time. I don't
          know if this is going to be an American battery (3.5-4 hours) or European (2
          hours) Ask.

          Price being equal or close, I'd go for RL800...

          Sincerely,

          IGGY Dybal

          Your Real Estate Consultant - Kansas City - RE/MAX Best

          E-mail: mailto:iggy@... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
          Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free: 877-550-IGGY/4449
          Fax: 913-234-7024
        • Clint D
          Message 4 of 11 , May 21, 2003
            I'd say go the local route if it's cheaper. Also
            you'll have the mower immediately and can start
            installing it right away.

            Your local dealer will do repairs.

            --- Paul Ainsworth <pains_72@...> wrote:
            > Wow, that's a great buying tip. Thanks.
            >
            > Well, now it looks like I can either get the RL550
            > through a local store for $600, or I can order it
            > through this web page for $630.
            >
            > Does anyone with experience with the mower have
            > suggestions? The main thing that has me leaning
            > towards buying it from the store is the fact that it
            > might be nice to have a local place where I can take
            > it in case there are problems with it, repairs, etc.
            >
            > Do folks who have trouble with their mowers
            > generally
            > go directly to Friendly Robotics or to the store
            > where
            > they purchased it?
            >
            > Any advice would be appreciated.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > -Paul

            http://search.yahoo.com
          • Paul Ainsworth
            Message 5 of 11 , May 21, 2003
              Oh, sorry I should have mentioned that my choices
              really are:

              RL550 for $600 from a local store
              -or-
              RL800 for $630 through the web page.

              Close one.

              -Paul

              Message 6 of 11 , May 21, 2003
                From: "Paul Ainsworth" <pains_72@...>
                > Oh, sorry I should have mentioned that my choices
                > really are:
                >
                > RL550 for $600 from a local store
                > -or-
                > RL800 for $630 through the web page.

                The wide angle and learn edge would be worth $30 to me :o)

                Message 7 of 11 , May 21, 2003
                  If you factor in sales tax, the local one wil be ~$650.

                  If you order it, you can still take it to a local dealer for service. They
                  make more money doing warranty work than they do from selling you the mower
                  anyway.

                  I got my 500 for $450 from mastergardening.com last year...

                  john
                  www.johnsarcade.com

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 21, 2003
                    For $30 more i'll definately take the RL800.

                    --- Paul Ainsworth <pains_72@...> wrote:
                    > Oh, sorry I should have mentioned that my choices
                    > really are:
                    >
                    > RL550 for $600 from a local store
                    > -or-
                    > RL800 for $630 through the web page.
                    >
                    > Close one.
                    >
                    > -Paul
                    >

                    > --- Clint D <clintd555@...> wrote:
                    > > I'd say go the local route if it's cheaper. Also
                    > > you'll have the mower immediately and can start
                    > > installing it right away.
                    > >
                    > > Your local dealer will do repairs.
                    > >
                    > > --- Paul Ainsworth <pains_72@...> wrote:
                    > > > Wow, that's a great buying tip. Thanks.
                    > > >
                    > > > Well, now it looks like I can either get the
                    > RL550
                    > > > through a local store for $600, or I can order
                    > it
                    > > > through this web page for $630.
                    > > >
                    > > > Does anyone with experience with the mower have
                    > > > suggestions? The main thing that has me leaning
                    > > > towards buying it from the store is the fact
                    > that
                    > > it
                    > > > might be nice to have a local place where I can
                    > > take
                    > > > it in case there are problems with it, repairs,
                    > > etc.
                    > > >
                    > > > Do folks who have trouble with their mowers
                    > > > generally
                    > > > go directly to Friendly Robotics or to the store
                    > > > where
                    > > > they purchased it?
                    > > >
                    > > > Any advice would be appreciated.
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks,
                    > > > -Paul

                    http://search.yahoo.com
                  • Sanjay Mittal
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 29, 2003
                      Thanks to you guys. I just ordered one from mastergardening. May be
                      you should get some referral money from them :)

                      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "John Stoner" <stoner_john@h...>
                      wrote:
                      > A little tip for all prospective RoboMower buyers:
                      >
                      > mastergardening.com has free shipping on their robomowers, PLUS if
                      you type
                      > "rebeccagarden" (from rebeccasgarden.com) in the coupon code it
                      will knock
                      > another 10% off. That's at least $100 savings right there!
                      >
                      > hope this helps someone out there,
                      > John Stoner
                      > www.johnsarcade.com

                    • Clint D
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 29, 2003
                        Congratulations!!!! When it arrives let us know of
                        your experiences and remember, always feel free to ask
                        questions here!! :)

                        --- Sanjay Mittal <sanjay07095@...> wrote:
                        > Thanks to you guys. I just ordered one from
                        > mastergardening. May be
                        > you should get some referral money from them :)
                        >
                        > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "John Stoner"
                        > <stoner_john@h...>
                        > wrote:
                        > > A little tip for all prospective RoboMower buyers:
                        > >
                        > > mastergardening.com has free shipping on their
                        > robomowers, PLUS if
                        > you type
                        > > "rebeccagarden" (from rebeccasgarden.com) in the
                        > coupon code it
                        > will knock
                        > > another 10% off. That's at least $100 savings
                        > right there!
                        > >
                        > > hope this helps someone out there,
                        > > John Stoner
                        > > www.johnsarcade.com

                        > > Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months
                        > FREE*.

                        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                      • please_try_another_name
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 30, 2003
                          I just ordered mine from mastergardening.com. Typed in the code & got
                          $70 off. With free shipping it was $629.99 out the door. Many thanks.