hello?

  • Clint D
    Message 1 of 9 , May 8, 2003
      anyone here but me?

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Kansas City Home Source - IGGY
      Message 2 of 9 , May 8, 2003
        I am here - I have the mower and am happy about it. See my write up at
        http://www.iggy.net/robot.htm

        Love it and have been reading up on the new one they came up with RL800 -
        looks like an improvement with some souped up features.

        Sincerely,

        IGGY Dybal

        Your Real Estate Consultant - Kansas City - RE/MAX Best

        E-mail: mailto:iggy@... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
        Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free: 877-550-IGGY/4449
        Fax: 913-234-7024

        Message 3 of 9 , May 8, 2003
          Cool! I've had mine for several months now and i love!
          It's awesome...though recently it's been giving me
          User Help Needed errors immediately after it crosses
          the wire. It does this VERY randomly. I can cut 8
          hours and it'll only happen once. I called tech
          support and he said it could be a bad main board so
          I'm taking it in today to see if I can get it
          repaired..good thing it's under warranty and my local
          dealer is nice enough to issue me a loaner...THANK
          GOD! i'll HATE to have to cut it manually again!

          Message 4 of 9 , May 8, 2003
            From: "Clint D" <clintd555@...>
            though recently it's been giving me
            > User Help Needed errors immediately after it crosses
            > the wire. It does this VERY randomly. I can cut 8
            > hours and it'll only happen once. I called tech
            > support and he said it could be a bad main board so
            > I'm taking it in today to see if I can get it
            > repaired..

            I have had it happen when it crosses the wire a couple of times too. I think
            this happens when the mower goes full speed and hits a bump or something
            when it approaches the wire and just goes past the wire or if the perimeter
            area is narrow or you are at 90 degrees corner of the wire perimeter (this
            happened on my narrow plot). I think the sensors gets wacked or something.
            This has not been a concern for me as it happened only once or twice during
            one single mowing. I reset the mower by pulling the battery out, then
            started mowing and skipped the perimeter edging.

            > i'll HATE to have to cut it manually again!

            This is my third season with the mower and I love it too. I enjoy seeing
            landscaping and lawn maintenance people watch my mower :o) Also, kids love
            it too, so do the birds as they follow the mower when it chops insects :o)

            Message 5 of 9 , May 8, 2003
              Well it happens for no apparent reason. The yard is
              flat where the errors happened and the wire is
              straight. It's happened 3 times..but I've been cutting
              my yard for weeks and weeks without one error...then
              all of a sudden i get errors. When I emailed friendly
              robotics they had me run a test on it after the error
              and it passed it. After that he said it's probably the
              main board. My local dealer just told me he thinks a
              wire or something came loose...he's looking at it now.
              I got a temp robomower here now.

              Are u thinking of getting a RL550 or RL800?

              Message 6 of 9 , May 8, 2003
                Mine would have the same error randomly for no reason a couple of times in a
                row and even on the same day.

                I'm in the US and I have RL500. I think that RL550 is only for Europe? RL800
                is an upgrade of the 500 and I'm pretty happy with the 500 for now. We'll be
                moving soon and I'll probably will leave my 500 with my old house that we
                are renting for the renter and will go with the 800 series for the new house
                or I may just take it :o)

                Sincerely,

                IGGY Dybal

                Your Real Estate Consultant - Kansas City - RE/MAX Best

                E-mail: mailto:iggy@... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
                Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free: 877-550-IGGY/4449
                Fax: 913-234-7024

                > Well it happens for no apparent reason. The yard is
                > flat where the errors happened and the wire is
                > straight. It's happened 3 times..but I've been cutting
                > my yard for weeks and weeks without one error...then
                > all of a sudden i get errors. When I emailed friendly
                > robotics they had me run a test on it after the error
                > and it passed it. After that he said it's probably the
                > main board. My local dealer just told me he thinks a
                > wire or something came loose...he's looking at it now.
                > I got a temp robomower here now.
                >
                > Are u thinking of getting a RL550 or RL800?
                >

                > --- Kansas City Home Source - IGGY

              • Clint D

                  > Well it happens for no apparent reason. The yard is
                  > flat where the errors happened and the wire is
                  > straight. It's happened 3 times..but I've been cutting
                  > my yard for weeks and weeks without one error...then
                  > all of a sudden i get errors. When I emailed friendly
                  > robotics they had me run a test on it after the error
                  > and it passed it. After that he said it's probably the
                  > main board. My local dealer just told me he thinks a
                  > wire or something came loose...he's looking at it now.
                  > I got a temp robomower here now.
                  >
                  > Are u thinking of getting a RL550 or RL800?
                  >

                  > --- Kansas City Home Source - IGGY
                  > <iggykc@...> wrote:

                  Do you Yahoo!?

                • Kansas City Home Source - IGGY
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 9, 2003
                    From: Clint D

                    Are they at the wire or in the yard? If it's inthe yard it's probably just the height is set too low and the front wheel is giving it problems. I raised my wheel height and that seemed to have fixed it...but nothing will fix the cross over the line error. I hope

                    My problem was when the mower leaves the perimeter and crosses the wire outside the perimeter. Now that you've mentioned the height, I think it was happening when the mower was at setting 2 or 3 in height and perhpas the sensors were acting up when the mower hit a pothole. I've since then raised it to 6 (the highest) and have not have any problem and the grass looks much better.

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 9, 2003
                      DANG! now i wish i had found this group before i put
                      my mower in the shop. I would like to have tried
                      that...oh well. It's in the shop now. :(

                      http://search.yahoo.com