Setting up zones...

  • bacrowe161
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29, 2014

      Hi,

      I'm trying to map out this most efficient way to mow my lawn and was hoping someone might be willing to help. I drew a picture of my layout.  Would someone be willing to help me out?

      Bacrowe16@...

      Thanks.

      Brenton

    • Tim Wolff
      Message 2 of 3 , May 30, 2014
        We'll need to see a layout with approx. dimensions. How many mowers? How many perimeter switches? How many battery packs?

        If you have multiple mowers and perimeter switches you can cut non-adjacent zone at the same time. Or turn multiple mowers loose on the same zone.

        I've more or less determined zones using the easiest perimeter layout with consideration to how the yard will look with only one zone cut.

        Tim

        Message 3 of 3 , May 30, 2014
          General ideas I learned through experience:
          Make each zone square or rectangular. If you have strange zigzag spots or corners that are less than about 70° the mower is likely to get off the beaten path. Use a Weedwhacker or the mower by hand from the control to cut weird shaped areas and spots. It's easy to do that way and allows the robot to do what it does best.

          Keep each zone at 1 thousand square feet or less. The batteries will love not being discharged more than 50%

          Regards,
          RG