"Perimeter wire too long" on 1 meter long cable

  • amichai.schreiber
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2013
      Hi,
      I recently bought a used, rather old RL550. It did work a few times, and then I started running into problems with the wires. At least some of the problems were real (i.e. broken wires), but now even if I take a short length of wire and connect it to the switch, the switch gives me the "wire too long" indication. I replaced the switch batteries, it made no difference.
      Any idea what the problem could be or how to fix it? I thought maybe it could be corrosion or similar conductivity problem on the switch - does that make sense?

      Thanks