Re: Multi-Zone Switch

  • TinaP
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 27, 2013
      Tim,
      Thanks for the idea. Do you have any problem with the exposed ends of the wires corroding or oxidizing?

      Thanks,
      William

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Tim Wolff <twolff69@...> wrote:

      > I replaced the Robomower connector on the perimeter switch with small alligator clips that I simply clip to the bare ends of the perimeter wire. Inexpensive, easy, and reliable. I know it is not a switch, but it has served me well for years.
      > Tim
      >
      > > To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: tinapropes@...
      > > Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 16:19:25 +0000
      > > Subject: [RoboMower] Multi-Zone Switch
      > >
      > > Unfortunately during a surprise pop-up lightning storm yesterday my docking station was destroyed. This is the third docking board I have lost due to lightning strikes so I think I am giving up on trying to use my docking station and I will just use my mobile perimeter switch.
      > > I have three zones that all terminate at the same position. I would like to put in a switch so I can easily change between zones. I know there are pictures of one in the files section but there are no details about it. Can someone recommend a good switch I could use to connect three zones. I think I would prefer to mount something outside of my perimeter switch unlike the one in the picture.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > William

    • Tim Wolff
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 27, 2013
        Some of the exposed wire ends are looking a bit ragged, but I haven't had to clean them. One is getting a bit short too. I'll just cut off the ends and strip another 1/2 inch of insulation when the time for new ends comes. The ends lay exposed in the flower beds year round.