Drive Overload, new motor?

  • thomast1976
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2013
      Hi, i'm very new here and I hope you can help me.
      2 years ago I bourght a really cheap RL1000 and gave a brush up and there has been problems with it until this summer. First it blew the mainboard and the chargerboard at the same time and to day i've got a new problem.

      I was trying to start a manual cutting and to the controller but when I drove it out from the charger it started turning and the display wrote " Drive overloaded, press 'go'". When pressing 'Go' it just writes it again. I tried to reset it and disconnected the batteries, but when I put them back in, it just write it after approx. 30 secs again without me doing nothing.

      With the battery out the left wheel is harder to turn, than the right, but there is no sign of the gears are broken, it must be in the motor, or? Can I some how check the motor? I have a meter and some mechanic/electrical skills ;-)

      Sorry for my danish/english ;)

      B.r.

      Thomas Thomsen
      Denmark
    • Visti
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 15, 2013
        Du må skille den ad som det første.
        Motorerne er sat på med spadestik, så giv den mistænkte motor 6V og se hvor meget strøm, den trækker ubelastet.
        Formentlig har der sat sig noget fast i gearene. Jeg har selv været ude for en kvist, der gav nogenlunde samme resultat. I det mindste, når den kørte baglæns.
        Den havde kilet sig fast og greb ind i dækmønsteret.