Problems after replacing main board

  • Ben Jordan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2013
      My RL1000 would drive drunk after ants built a nest on the main board. I did my best to clean it up and troubleshoot the board but nothing I tried made any difference. It was even difficult to manually drive it around.

      I picked up a used replacement board and installed it yesterday. I got into service mode and factory reset the unit. It started the setup procedure, asked me the country and then started the calibration...

      In calibration it will spin a little pause... "wait..." on the LCD spin a little more and pause again, then it will spin forever with "calibration required" on the LCD I waited for a long time at one point and it wore a circular hole in the yard without pausing.

      I tried to get back into service mode to default the unit again but the option is not there. It should go from User Preferences - Information - Docking - Child Guard - Safety Test - Service

      However it skips right over Safety Test and Service and loops back up to User Preferences. I've tried removing the battery several times.

      Any ideas out there??
    • Ben
      Message 2 of 6 , May 18, 2013
        Is there any way to reset the robomower without using the menu?

        I changed out the chip from my old board and now the menu is scrambled...
        maybe a different language but looks like there are issues on top of that.
        Plus it seems like the menu is still having he same problem.... it skips
        over the service area. Also following the directions in the manual to reset
        the unit using the control pad does not work.

        On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Ben Jordan <ben.jordan@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > My RL1000 would drive drunk after ants built a nest on the main board. I
        > did my best to clean it up and troubleshoot the board but nothing I tried
        > made any difference. It was even difficult to manually drive it around.
        >
        > I picked up a used replacement board and installed it yesterday. I got
        > into service mode and factory reset the unit. It started the setup
        > procedure, asked me the country and then started the calibration...
        >
        > In calibration it will spin a little pause... "wait..." on the LCD spin a
        > little more and pause again, then it will spin forever with "calibration
        > required" on the LCD I waited for a long time at one point and it wore a
        > circular hole in the yard without pausing.
        >
        > I tried to get back into service mode to default the unit again but the
        > option is not there. It should go from User Preferences - Information -
        > Docking - Child Guard - Safety Test - Service
        >
        > However it skips right over Safety Test and Service and loops back up to
        > User Preferences. I've tried removing the battery several times.
        >
        > Any ideas out there??

      • Christopher Zach
        Message 3 of 6 , May 18, 2013
          On 5/18/2013 11:27 AM, Ben wrote:
          > Is there any way to reset the robomower without using the menu?

          Is it possible the chip is not seated cleanly? Maybe there's gunk on the
          contacts?

        • mowbo
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 7, 2013
            Depending on how old it is, you can push (arrow up-arrow down and C) and hold for 10 sec.
            But it doesnt work on older ones.

            --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Ben <ben.jordan@...> wrote:

            > Is there any way to reset the robomower without using the menu?
            >
            > I changed out the chip from my old board and now the menu is scrambled...
            > maybe a different language but looks like there are issues on top of that.
            > Plus it seems like the menu is still having he same problem.... it skips
            > over the service area. Also following the directions in the manual to reset
            > the unit using the control pad does not work.
            >

            > On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Ben Jordan <ben.jordan@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > My RL1000 would drive drunk after ants built a nest on the main board. I
            > > did my best to clean it up and troubleshoot the board but nothing I tried
            > > made any difference. It was even difficult to manually drive it around.
            > >
            > > I picked up a used replacement board and installed it yesterday. I got
            > > into service mode and factory reset the unit. It started the setup
            > > procedure, asked me the country and then started the calibration...
            > >
            > > In calibration it will spin a little pause... "wait..." on the LCD spin a
            > > little more and pause again, then it will spin forever with "calibration
            > > required" on the LCD I waited for a long time at one point and it wore a
            > > circular hole in the yard without pausing.
            > >
            > > I tried to get back into service mode to default the unit again but the
            > > option is not there. It should go from User Preferences - Information -
            > > Docking - Child Guard - Safety Test - Service
            > >
            > > However it skips right over Safety Test and Service and loops back up to
            > > User Preferences. I've tried removing the battery several times.
            > >
            > > Any ideas out there??

          • Robert West
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 17, 2013
              Your software may be to new or to old for your new, used main board. What version is your software? Does your motherboard have a jumper connection underneath your software chip? It is for different front bumper types. I just replaced my main board. I had problems, it is working fine now.

              Rob

              ________________________________
              Depending on how old it is, you can push (arrow up-arrow down and C) and hold for 10 sec.
              But it doesnt work on older ones.

              --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Ben <ben.jordan@...> wrote:

              > Is there any way to reset the robomower without using the menu?
              >
              > I changed out the chip from my old board and now the menu is scrambled...
              > maybe a different language but looks like there are issues on top of that.
              > Plus it seems like the menu is still having he same problem.... it skips
              > over the service area. Also following the directions in the manual to reset
              > the unit using the control pad does not work.
              >

              > On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Ben Jordan <ben.jordan@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > My RL1000 would drive drunk after ants built a nest on the main board. I
              > > did my best to clean it up and troubleshoot the board but nothing I tried
              > > made any difference. It was even difficult to manually drive it around.
              > >
              > > I picked up a used replacement board and installed it yesterday. I got
              > > into service mode and factory reset the unit. It started the setup
              > > procedure, asked me the country and then started the calibration...
              > >
              > > In calibration it will spin a little pause... "wait..." on the LCD spin a
              > > little more and pause again, then it will spin forever with "calibration
              > > required" on the LCD I waited for a long time at one point and it wore a
              > > circular hole in the yard without pausing.
              > >
              > > I tried to get back into service mode to default the unit again but the
              > > option is not there. It should go from User Preferences - Information -
              > > Docking - Child Guard - Safety Test - Service
              > >
              > > However it skips right over Safety Test and Service and loops back up to
              > > User Preferences. I've tried removing the battery several times.
              > >
              > > Any ideas out there??

            • thomast1976
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 18, 2013
                Hello and thanks for the answers.

                I contacted the service-shop that replaced the mainboard (and the software-chip) earlier. They gave me some hints to discover if it was the board or the motors that are broken and it is the brand new board that are broken. They'll send me at new one asap (warranty).

                - Thomas