RoboRuler Image Required

  • b0omsling
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2013
      Does or can anyone email me a picture of the roborule for RM series? (or know the distance for the wire)

      I've checked the files section but the picture in there has details and number that are indistinguishable.

      Hope you can help

      Thanks

      Brett
    • Micha
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2013
        The distance 30cm to border without obstakles and 40cm for walls, trees,
        steps.

        Michael

        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2013
          Thank you Michael.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2013
            I throw them away, but if I find one I'll lay a ruler beside it and take a
            picture.

            I recommend the "1,2,3" method of placing the wire (you'll find it described
            in previous messages as well).

            All you need is one of the green stakes to use as a measure from your edge..

            Use 1 stake length from a sidewalk or other edge that the mower can
            straddle. That is, the mower will have one wheel on the sidewalk.

            Use 2 stake length for flower beds or other edges where you don't want the
            outside wheel in the bed (but where the bumper won't bump anything hard).

            Use 3 stake length where there is a "hard edge" like a brick wall, landscape
            rocks, fence, or other item that the bumper might hit.

            In testing your edge, you should not only make sure the mower can go all the
            way around; you should also test to make sure the mower can "acquire" the
            edge (start from inside the perimeter and let the mower find the wire and
            follow it). You need the extra (3 stake) case in order to allow the mower
            to acquire the wire near hard edges.

            This works well and you don't have to keep up with the ruler.

            Dan