Re: [RoboMower] blade maintenace

  • ronald heinz
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24, 2013
      I use pam ron heinz

      ________________________________
      From: Charles Grenkow <cgrenkow@...>
      To: "RoboMower@yahoogroups.com" <robomower@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:19 AM
      Subject: RE: [RoboMower] blade maintenace

      I just started using 'Easy Off' oven cleaner to clean up the blade wells of all the dark brown stained-in dried grass. I use to clean that off with a pressure washer which always leaked into the inside and screwed up the circuit motherboard. Let the easyoff soak for 30- 45 mins then use rubber gloves and a wet paper towel and you'll be amazed how clean you get the bottom of the Robomower - remember to remover the blades 1st. after that I spray the bottom with silicone lube and/or white lithium grease wipe and let dry. I have not found anything to 'keep' the grass from sticking but at least there is a way to clean the surface so grass doesn't stick as easily.

      Cheers,
      Chuck

      To: mailto:RoboMower%40yahoogroups.com
      From: mailto:rainycityguy%40yahoo.com
      Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 13:02:41 -0700
      Subject: [RoboMower] blade maintenace

      Has anyone used oil or some sort or even PAM or something? to help keep grass and grass juices from sticking to the blades?
      I use a plastic putty knife to clean around them but blades get build up.