Re: Decoded protocol for RL500 controller?

  • hendrikf
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 13, 2013
      Hello,

      I answer to this quite old discussion, as it's the only discussion I found on this.
      Has there been any progress on this topic?
      I would like to control my Robomow RM400 via Network, so I am looking for the protocol the Remote-Control uses.

      Greetings,
      Hendrik

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Danny Miller <dannym@...> wrote:

      > It's much more likely it's a CRC. Also, there is a break which
      > signifies beginning/end of packet which is how it figures out how to
      > frame pages.
      >
      > The sounds and speech are not transmitted across the link. They're
      > stored on the hand controller on OTP (one-time-programming) EPROM and
      > simply called by the hand controller's microcontroller sensing button
      > inputs or whatever, or the microcontroller may call them due to a
      > request from the mower on the data bus. You can't change the sounds
      > without physically replacing the EPROM.
      >
      > What do you want to do this for, btw?
      >
      > Danny
      >
      > Dan Barclay wrote:
      > > I haven't looked at it but a very large number of protocols using packets
      > > like Danny described the checksum is a simple XOR of the bytes ahead of it
      > > in the packet. I'd be willing to bet that's what they use.
      > >

      > > Dan

    • Hendrik Friedel
      Message 2 of 10 , May 11, 2013
        Hello,

        > Re: Decoded protocol for RL500 controller? <#1a> by "hendrikf" hendrikf

        > Re: Decoded protocol for RL500 controller?
        > Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:38 pm (PDT) . Posted by:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I answer to this quite old discussion, as it's the only discussion I
        > found on this.
        > Has there been any progress on this topic?
        > I would like to control my Robomow RM400 via Network, so I am looking
        > for the protocol the Remote-Control uses.

        I see no answer on this, so I take this as a 'no'.
        Would you know a point of contact at Robomow, who could be willing to
        answer this Question?

        Regards,
        Hendrik
      • Boomsling
        Message 3 of 10 , May 11, 2013
          Have you seen the files section, in thrre you csn download software to
          connect your pc to the robot to flash firmware and perform tests. You will
          need rsr232 to rj11 leads and adapters.

          You might be able to reverse engineer the firmware to find out the protocol
          used.

          Regards

          Brett