Re: blade maintenace

  • rann_georgia
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 28, 2013
      I have not had that issue. But, I usually start the mower manually and after the dew has gone. I usually let it run for its battery time of three hours plus and haven't noticed any such problems.

      I've had more problems with the wire after a neighbor decided to dig up her part of the adjoining yard and breaking the wire.

      After fixing it and then trying to track the breaks, I just dedicated an afternoon of soldering and sealing the wire.

      I have an old soldering iron that is large and good for basic jobs; something my father had. I solder any known breaks, tape it and then apply liquid black tape which is kind of like a glue that makes it waterproof.

      The other problem I've had is with tree roots coming up and causing the unit to stall. That required taking apart the unit and replacing the bushings.

      One thing I've learned is that the charging station is one of the weak points of this type of system. Lightening took out one and harsh weather and winds shorted out the second.

      Now I run two zones with a battery operated transmitter. When it's done, I take it in the house where it's safe from thief and lightening.

      I also bought the indoor charger for around 30 bucks, keep the transformer under a roof and charge it that way. Lightening is this type of mower's biggest weakness.

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, jeff <rainycityguy@...> wrote:
      >us
      > Has anyone used oil or some sort or even PAM or something? to help keep grass and grass juices from sticking to the blades?
      > I use a plastic putty knife to clean around them but blades get build up.

    • Charles Grenkow
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 23 8:19 AM
        I just started using 'Easy Off' oven cleaner to clean up the blade wells of all the dark brown stained-in dried grass. I use to clean that off with a pressure washer which always leaked into the inside and screwed up the circuit motherboard. Let the easyoff soak for 30- 45 mins then use rubber gloves and a wet paper towel and you'll be amazed how clean you get the bottom of the Robomower - remember to remover the blades 1st. after that I spray the bottom with silicone lube and/or white lithium grease wipe and let dry. I have not found anything to 'keep' the grass from sticking but at least there is a way to clean the surface so grass doesn't stick as easily.

        Cheers,
        Chuck

        To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
        From: rainycityguy@...
        Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 13:02:41 -0700
        Subject: [RoboMower] blade maintenace

        Has anyone used oil or some sort or even PAM or something? to help keep grass and grass juices from sticking to the blades?
        I use a plastic putty knife to clean around them but blades get build up.

      • ronald heinz
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 24 7:00 AM
          I use pam ron heinz

          To: mailto:RoboMower%40yahoogroups.com