RL800 Perimeter Problems

  • rctogether1
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16, 2013
      I own an RL800 that has been working just fine. I started it up today and here is my problem. It proceeds toward the perimeter wire, stops for a moment as it recognizes the wire, but then keeps going straight instead of turning and following the wire. I can skip edge and run in scan mode and will stop at the edge like it is supposed to. But in edge mode it will not follow the wire. This happens in all 3 zones.
    • Roy Hughes
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16, 2013
        I'm a long time robomower user.  I'm having a problem.  The RM, on start-up, proceeds to the perimeter wire, pauses as it reaches it, then continues straight instead of turning and following the perimeter wire.  It does this on startup, "learn edge", and "wire position."  It does this in all 3 zones.  If "edge" is skipped, it works in scan mode - stopping at the perimeter and traveling in reverse.  So it recognizes the wire signal and it stops at the wire signal, it just won't follow the wire signal around the perimeter.  Anyone had this happen?

        ~Roy Hughes
        "I'm not here for a long time . . . I'm here for a good time."  George Strait

      • zz
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 19, 2013
          Greetings,

          I've never had this particular problem, but once in a while the mower does tend to not `see' the wire. When this happens I remove the case, blow out dust and reseat all of the connectors. Then the problem goes away.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 19, 2013
            That sounds like a good idea.  I solved the problem by robbing the sensors from my old 550 and putting them on.