Re: [RoboMower] Pinon Replacement on RL 1000

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2012
      Look very carefully for frame sag first.

      The typical problem- note the motors are "cantilevered", supported at
      only one end. Hung there. The motors sometimes overheat (the temp
      sensors don't do much) and the gearframe plastic softens.

      The motor SAGS under the heat. Actually it doesn't require overheating,
      in warm environments with that kind of force on it the plastic creeps
      over time.

      With the motor out of place, its pinion meshes poorly with the next gear.

      So check to see if the motor appears out-of-place.

      Danny