Re: RL 550 Battery replacement

  • socaoimh
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 7, 2012
      Hello ,
      how long each day did you run mower for . How often did you put mower out (every second day etc ).

      Joe.

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Colin Tyrrell <colintyrrell77@...> wrote:

      > Thanks folks, and apologies for the slow reply.
      > Yup, in Ireland.. and it seems to be difficult to get the recommended batteries.
      >
      > I got 2 years out of the BB batteries.. which is very disappointing.
      > I'm still using them... but today I only got 46 minutes out of them.
      > Also, I got them tested for the voltage.. they tested fine apparently.

    • Colin Tyrrell
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 11, 2012
        Thank you BKelley,
        useful information. It does seem to be harder to source batteries over here.
        Less golfers it seems!

        Colin

        Colin, if the 17ah battery had enough mow time per charge then an 18ah battery will work just fine and save you a pound or two. I see that yuasa EU sells np18-12, npc17-12 and then jump to the ypc22-12(make sure you can adapt to the different bolt pattern) I can't find a 20ah battery in their mix that also applies to BB-battery EU.You'll have to do you're own leg work for the best deal. Try elec. bike /scooter shops wheel chair shops and power backup shops they all use this type of battery. Ask for a spec sheet and check the weight of the battery(not shipping weight) this is the one thing that will change from ah to ah and cheap to expensive.
        BKelley