Re: [RoboMower] On individual chargers...

  • Lee Hart
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2012
      On 10/7/2012 1:00 PM, Danny Miller wrote:
      > Ran into a guy who drives his dogs around Austin on a Zapp! electric

      Sorry for the rant. I got so wound up that I forgot to address the
      original topic. :-)

      > He ended up being very satisfied with individual chargers- well, not one
      > per cell, one per 12v battery.
      >
      > I do think the same problem is contributing to Robomower battery death,
      > and we'd be better off with 2x 12v smart chargers hooked up together.
      > They're plenty cheap enough now off of eBay.

      I think this is good advice. I had short battery life with my stock
      Robomower charger, so I replaced it with two 12v chargers.

      The ones I'm using aren't exactly "smart", but they are smarter that
      what it came with. They are intended for electric wheelchairs, so built
      better than the usual stuff. They charge at 2.75 amps until the voltage
      reaches 14.7v, then hold 14.7v until the current falls under 200ma, then
      switch to a 13.7v float voltage.

      --
      If you would not be forgotten
      When your body's dead and rotten