My mower is dragging

  • khawn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2012
      This is a quandry. My mower yesterday was dead after an hour of cutting the front yard. My grass is Bermuda and very thick. It would often drag down when the grass was really thick. I think the machine is designed to switch over to the trimming mode if it gets bogged down. The mower is adjusted as high as it will go. What else can I do?

      I did order a new set of knobby wheels today because the old ones are slick. Will that solve the problem?

      Do I need a new battery? I ran the mower today over the same area that I cut yesterday. Yesterday it was dead in an hour. Today it was dead in an hour and a half. The batteries are 3 years old next month.
      It would be nice to have the batteries last through this cutting season, but I need more than an hour of cutting time.

      Any suggestions?

      Ken
    • Christopher Zach
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 24, 2012
        Hm. I'd say this calls for a Lithium pack, but I am still experimenting with
        mine. However it will run and run for the longest time before pooping out,
        with no voltage drop.