Frequency of perimeter switch

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2012
      Hi All, I have a rl500 and Thanks to Daryl I have some new software on the
      Way. Does anyone know what is the frequency that the perimeter switch
      Puts out? I have two of these and still the mower says no wire signal. I checked
      The frequency of my switch and it puts out approx 5 kHz . I checked it with a frequency
      Counter. If any one knows it would help.
      Thanks
      Mike
    • daryl_reece
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
        Check out this guy's good work on the subject:

        http://ocfnash.wordpress.com/2010/06/

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 5, 2012
          As that shows, the signal is not merely one frequency.

          Also, the driver may have some idiosyncrasies to it. Most obvious, it's
          probably not a voltage source but a current source, so that'll affect
          the driver's hardware design, but it's not too complicated.

          Danny

          On 6/4/2012 8:50 AM, daryl_reece wrote:
          > Check out this guy's good work on the subject:
          >
          > http://ocfnash.wordpress.com/2010/06/
          >
          > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Mike"<mike40272@...> wrote:
          >> Hi All, I have a rl500 and Thanks to Daryl I have some new software on the
          >> Way. Does anyone know what is the frequency that the perimeter switch
          >> Puts out? I have two of these and still the mower says no wire signal. I checked
          >> The frequency of my switch and it puts out approx 5 kHz . I checked it with a frequency
          >> Counter. If any one knows it would help.
          >> Thanks
          >> Mike

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 5, 2012
            Thanks, that's some really good information. I should be able to figure out the perimeter
            Switch. As long as the Pic Chip is ok the rest of the board should be easy.
            Mike

            --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "daryl_reece" <dsr14@...> wrote:

            > Check out this guy's good work on the subject:
            >
            > http://ocfnash.wordpress.com/2010/06/
            >
            > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mike40272@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi All, I have a rl500 and Thanks to Daryl I have some new software on the
            > > Way. Does anyone know what is the frequency that the perimeter switch
            > > Puts out? I have two of these and still the mower says no wire signal. I checked
            > > The frequency of my switch and it puts out approx 5 kHz . I checked it with a frequency
            > > Counter. If any one knows it would help.
            > > Thanks
            > > Mike

          • Doug Smith
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 6, 2012
              There is a European patent filing available that contains schematics and waveform diagrams. The schematic for the permitter switch is spread over several pages so I combined it all into one large, single-page PDF for convenience.

              I just added a new section to the top of the RoboMower Wiki perimeter switch page with links to everything.

              http://robomowerwiki.com/Perimeter_switch

              --
              Doug Smith: doug@...
              http://smithsrus.com

              --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mike40272@...> wrote:

              > Thanks, that's some really good information. I should be able to figure out the perimeter
              > Switch. As long as the Pic Chip is ok the rest of the board should be easy.
              > Mike
              >

              > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "daryl_reece" <dsr14@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Check out this guy's good work on the subject:
              > >
              > > http://ocfnash.wordpress.com/2010/06/
              > >
              > > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mike40272@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi All, I have a rl500 and Thanks to Daryl I have some new software on the
              > > > Way. Does anyone know what is the frequency that the perimeter switch
              > > > Puts out? I have two of these and still the mower says no wire signal. I checked
              > > > The frequency of my switch and it puts out approx 5 kHz . I checked it with a frequency
              > > > Counter. If any one knows it would help.
              > > > Thanks
              > > > Mike

            • Mike
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 6, 2012
                Thanks Doug, this again some really great information. I do want to thank everyone
                For all the help
                Mike