Whiney noise

  • KennethH
    Message 1 of 7 , May 12, 2012
      My mower is working fine but I'm hearing a high pitch whine. What could it?

      Ken
      Message 2 of 7 , May 12, 2012
        It's usually the wife or one of my girls.

        Dan

        Message 3 of 7 , May 12, 2012
          I couldn't resist.

          More seriously, if it is a hum from the mower body itself
          check your blades for some obstruction (a twig under the
          hub) or something else rubbing. Remove each blade and see
          if the shaft and hub are clear. It could also be a motor
          failing (a brush or something rubbing internally). The
          motor shafts turn pretty fast and could make a sound you'd
          call a whine.

          If it's coming from the handset speaker then I don't know
          what it might be other than a component failure. I assume
          you have removed/replaced the battery to "reboot" the mower.

          If you have more details (where it seems to come from for
          example) it might help.

          Dan

          My mower is working fine but I'm hearing a high pitch whine.
          What could it?

          Ken

        • Ken H.
          Message 4 of 7 , May 12, 2012
            The noise finally quit after about 1/2 hour. Did see any obstruction around the blades.  For some strange reason the battery gave out about an hour too soon.  Maybe something was dragging it down.  I'm doing the back yard tomorrow.  I will see how it holds up then.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 7 , May 12, 2012
              OK.  Be nice now.

              Ken

              Message 6 of 7 , May 12, 2012
                That sounds a lot like a blade obstruction. Even though the noise quit I’d pull the battery, turn it upside down, and pull each blade off to be sure nothing is under there.

                Dan

                Message 7 of 7 , May 13, 2012
                  I started doing the same thing today, but didn't last too long.

                  My right arrow sensor has given me fits ever since I've had this mower.  I have to push it several times to get the machine to turn right. I've taken the controllor apart and tried cleaning it, but no long term cure.  Any ideas?