Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [RoboMower] Re: simple cut wire signal fix

Expand Messages
  • jeff
    I ve had the same thing. Check connection, clean wire first! Much easier than finding a break! Which is near impossible after a few years. And NEVER  go
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2012
    View Source
    • 0 Attachment
      I've had the same thing. Check connection, clean wire first! Much easier than finding a break! Which is near impossible after a few years. And NEVER  go cheap on a splice! Use the silicon connector or similair. It will work for a while without but....

      From: lucasaltic <lucasaltic@...>
      To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, May 7, 2012 2:25 PM
      Subject: [RoboMower] Re: simple cut wire signal fix


       
      Barry,

      I had the same exact problem when setting up my RL1000 at a new residence. I ran all the wires and hooked everything up only to get the "cut wire" alarm. I checked all my connections and figured I must've gotten a little aggressive with one of the pegs and accidentally severed the wire. But then I popped open the base to check the connections inside, and sure enough one of the signal leads had popped out of the screw clamp. This wiring was left over from the previous setup at the old residence and I had actually inserted the wire underneath the clamp where it wasn't fully secured. I moved it into the hole, tightened it back down, and don't expect to have any more problems.

      Always check the gas before overhauling the engine, right?

      Luc

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Barry" <barryleger@...> wrote:
      >
      > I've owned an RL1000 since 2007. It has worked great for me all that time. Normally in the spring, it's not unusual to have a "cut wire" signal after setting it up for the first time after a long winter(my land is prone to frost heaves and some of my connection "fixes" over the years were not of the best quality). But this spring, I saw something new. I would get a "cut wire", signal, but only intermittently. Now that is a pain, because if it is a bad connection and not an actual broken wire, it would be almost impossible to locate (since some of the time it works). BUT, I traced the problem to a simple loose power lead at the docking station! I just tightened it up, and it's working great again.
      >
      > So, this is just a post to let people know that sometimes "cut wire", could mean intermittent power to the docking base, so be sure to check that first. I was relieved not to have to go searching for a bad connection, and also that I found it before I fried the transformer (I did this once but plugging the transformer into the wall socket before screwing the power leads to the docking base - don't do that!) ; )
      >
      > cheers
      > Barry
      >




      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.