Re: [RoboMower] RL500 needs gears soon.

  • Austin Morgan
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26, 2012
      That is strange. I ordered a set from peritonitis last year and received them.

      Austin

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 26, 2012
        On 3/26/2012 9:53 PM, Austin Morgan wrote:
        > That is strange. I ordered a set from peritonitis last year and received
        > them.

        I know. My card was not charged, but never heard anything again. So does
        anyone have/sell/whatever them?

        Other option is to take the whole thing apart and do the "install
        bushings" in the gears option. Makes me wonder how roller bearings would
        do....

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2012
          From whom did you order gears?

          I need to order some gears, and some spare motors.

          FWIW, I tried to get blade motors repaired but the motor shop couldn't d
          anything with it since the spline was permanently mounted. Anybody have
          success with bearing repair and/or replacement of these motors (aside from
          Robomower parts?)

          Dan

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5, 2012
            The motor gear is called a "pinion". Someone said they managed to press
            them out. You'd need a fork that holds against the inner metal sleeve
            alone, not the plastic, and use a screw or press to push the center
            shaft out. Don't try to use a fork to pry it off the motor, that won't
            work. They should be able to just press on in a bearing press to get
            onto new motors.

            However, the pinions DO wear. Most of the time people want to replace
            the plastic pinions because the motor outlived the pinion, the opposite job.

            Danny