RL1000 Needs 4 digit code [114] to work

  • samloffd
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 10 7:48 AM
      I asked my wife to set the battery and send the mower out for the first time this season and she said it would not work and started pushing buttons.

      When I came back, it is asking for a 4 digit code and has [114] next to the area to enter the code. I can't think of any code that works and would like to reset this code and all the other codes if need be.
    • Doug Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 11 6:06 AM
        The only code I know of is when you try to go into the service menu. It asks for a 5-digit code, which is "12321".

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 11 11:38 AM
          There is a theft/security code you can optionally set. I've
          never set it so I don't know much about it, but I think it
          is 4 digits.

          I'm not sure how to reset it.

          Dan

          The only code I know of is when you try to go into the
          service menu. It asks for a 5-digit code, which is "12321".

          --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:RoboMower%40yahoogroups.com> , "samloffd"
          <advantageinspectiongroup@...> wrote:

          > I asked my wife to set the battery and send the mower out
          for the first time this season and she said it would not
          work and started pushing buttons.

          > When I came back, it is asking for a 4 digit code and has
          [114] next to the area to enter the code. I can't think of
          any code that works and would like to reset this code and
          all the other codes if need be.

        • bkelley9401
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 11 1:53 PM
            There are two types of lock outs. One is the adult guard (they named it child guard) which any child should be able to unlock. Press the c key and the up key for 60 sec. Not your problem. The second is the theft guard. This is a four digit user supplied code. If she was just pressing buttons the chance is good she just confirmed the standard screen. I have no idea what that is my mower does'nt have theft guard. If you can get into the service menu with 12321 you may be able to reset the code. Here's what the manual states:
            Enter the correct 4-digit code. `Theft Guard'
            can be deactivated under `User Preferences'.
            Contact your service provider for assistance in
            a lost code situation.
            I think it best to call probotics 1-866-392-3766 rather than post on line in this situation.
            You didn't forget her b-day did you????
            Bkelley

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 11 4:13 PM
              It must have been that birthday thing.............

              Can't get into the service menu yet, but will try the c and up key.

              Thanks.