RL500 resurrection

  • mad13mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2011
      Howdy all

      I picked up a RL500 cheap on craig's-list.
      Toasted motherboard. I've found the popped component, but have no schematics to trace the troubles.
      The motherboard info:
      Pn pcb0019b
      Sn 5551. 24/00
      Esb0019b04
      Prom 3.15

      I'm more than comfortable doing rework and repair of the surface mount components. Thanks to a previous career in electronics design.

      Anybody in the general Seattle area have parts?
      I'm more than willing to build a new controller, with modern motor drivers if parts are scarce or too expensive.
      I haven't heard anything about Friendly Machines for a while, are they still in business?