perimiter switch -- 5 OK?

  • zz
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2011
      Greetings,

      Yes, I'm mostly sure it's OK to power the perimeter switch with a 5v DC power supply, but considering the replacement cost I don't want to chance it. 3 C Cells only add to 4.5v.

      --kyle
    • Lee Hart
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2011
        On 9/5/2011 12:33 PM, zz wrote:
        > Greetings,
        >
        > Yes, I'm mostly sure it's OK to power the perimeter switch with a 5v DC power supply, but considering the replacement cost I don't want to chance it. 3 C Cells only add to 4.5v.

        I've been using three nimh C cells from Radio Shack ever since I bought
        my Robomower. Works fine; plenty of operating time, and none have failed.

        The only "problem" is that my charger will only charge pairs of cells.
        So I bought 6 cells. I charge them all, use 3 until they run down, put
        in the fresh 3, use until they run down, then charge all 6, 2 at a time.

      • m056678
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2011
          I am powering one of my perimeter switches with a re-purposed USB phone charger (5 V). I have been using this setup for about three years with absolutely no problems.

          -William