Corrosion

  • Visti
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2011
      One of my RL1000 restarted over and over again. It turned out that the RJ11 receptacle at the small print holding the two fuses was corroded.
      I replaced it with a RJ45 (just enough room) and it is working again.
      It is 4 years old.

      The other RL1000 stopped functioning last week. Only response from it is the top yellow light flashing dot-dash.
      Suggestions?
    • Visti
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2011
        Hmm.
        Seems to be the same error as the other one. Corrosion.

        Odd.
      • Richard Gard
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2011
          thanks for sharing your fix.  I haven't had the problem yet but my RL550 and RL850 are 6 seasons old now.
          so far my only problem ever (besides buying batteries once) has been the neighbor cutting one of my zones.  I cannot locate the break, don't want to buy an expensive tone generator, and so I am mowing one yard by hand.  someday I will lay new wire over there...
          Richard