RL500 gear train finally died I think

  • The CZ Unit
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2011
      Well, the trusty RL500 finally died. It was sitting in the middle of the
      lawn with a "drive motor error" and when I tried to drive it off it
      looks like it didn't want to move. My guess is one of the drive motor
      gears that was burned most of the way through 2-3 years ago finally gave
      out.

      I guess when I get back from Vegas I'll sit down and work on it. I have
      a new pair of motor gears and some gear puller tools, will see if I can
      drive the pinions off the motors and put new ones on. Otherwise I'll
      need to wait for my motor and gear assembly to come in :-)

      In the meantime I got the other RL500 from the back yard and it's doing
      the front. It has the B software and the smooth wheels instead of the C
      software and knobby wheels but it's very low mileage and should be able
      to handle the double duty.

      Chris