RE: [RoboMower] looking for a new perimeter switch

  • Tim Wolff
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2011
      Fried how?Won't turn on?Smells burnt?Did smoke come out of it?
      Do you have a digital multi meter?
      I have one with a bad on/off switch. The switch is a momentary on (on when pressed). I'm able to use a bent paper clip to jump the switch and get the unit to power on and off.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2011
        I've had one go bad due to rain, another, the button doesn't work well
        and the sound is gone- but it still works.

        I had to replace the Forward button on my mower's hand controller. It
        wasn't pressing reliably and I ended up having to drive it backwards to
        get around! But, now that I think of it, it's gonna be the same button
        on the perimeter switch. Actually, for all I know, maybe that's all
        that's wrong with the dead one.

        Danny