Re: [RoboMower] May be leaving the RM scene

  • Austin Morgan
    Message 1 of 11 , May 30 8:01 PM
      Ben

      I agree that I am not comparing apples and oranges when talking about
      my robomower and other options. Of course the fact that the docking
      station is one of the worst designed pieces of equipment I have had the
      displeasure of owning doesn't help. I have gone through 4 docking
      stations due to a multitude of issues from overheating, bad power
      supplies x2, and short because of a heavy rain. At this time my docking
      station doesn't work and I am not spending the money to fix it again.
      Also since I have a fence around my back yard I can not get the RL-1000
      to mow on a schedule anyway. I was told that it would work with a 38"
      gate if I could get the gate to open, but after many months of trying
      Friendly said oops were were too optimistic and that won't work.

      Of course I am mostly just complaining about stuff because it has so
      much potential. I love having a robot lawnmower, and even if I don't
      fix it will make one of my own. I will not go back to push mowing
      again. Also a yard service here cost $20 with edging and then I don't
      have to pick up the sticks or anything in the yard. That means I am
      pretty much keeping the robot for show more than money.

      Austin