battery charges

  • jeff
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2011
      I got new batteries last year, TD22-12  , and have been religious about letting
      them cool down, even overnight, before I charge them back with a fast charger.
      It SEEMS to be helping them keep their power. Anyone else notice this? or?
      Just maybe a tip

    • Benjamin Hill
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2011
        I agree and have seen similar results. Cooling is important. I just
        found my Tempest's are due for replacement this year. They lasted 3
        seasons. Probably gonna stick with EB's this time though. I think I
        got more minutes per charge on them.

        Ben

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2011
          I'm thinking there's actually more value in a smaller 24v ~1.5A smart
          charger then.

          Charging a warm batt at 1.5A probably won't create more heat, and it'll
          cool down well before the heat of the "finishing charge" stage.

          If you're already resolving to never using them again the same day, the
          1.5A charger will do it overnight (~12hrs for a fully discharged batt)
          and you won't need to set a timer or whatever to remind you to put them
          on the charger a few hours after taking them off the mower.

          They're like $13, free shipping... cheap enough to get just for the heck
          of it.

          Danny

          On 4/29/2011 3:28 PM, jeff wrote:
          > I got new batteries last year, TD22-12 , and have been religious about letting
          > them cool down, even overnight, before I charge them back with a fast charger.
          > It SEEMS to be helping them keep their power. Anyone else notice this? or?
          > Just maybe a tip

        • jeff
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 29, 2011
            point was. I let batteries be cool before I start charging. not how much charger
            makes heat
            I'm no engineer like you are
            just observations