Re: [RoboMower] Additonal questions

  • Richard Gard
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 27 6:31 PM
      I have an end of a yard that is 6x12 - my old RL550 does fine, and so does my RL850

      if you have a skinny strip someplace, just drive the robomower over it once in a while. or weed whack it once in a while.

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 1, 2011
        Greetings,

        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "no_antswer" <qwerty3656@...> wrote:

        > 2)I have a couple large trees in my front yard. I was planning on not looping them and just have the robomower bump into them. Obviously it is alot easier to loop them at the beginning than to come back later and loop them. The roots don't appear to be an obstical. Should I just go ahead and loop them in now?

        I didn't see a reply to this -- I've one tree surrounded by 2x6s (it was small when initially planted). I simply allow the mower to bounce off of it. No issues.

        --kyle
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 4, 2011
          Yes, that's a good solution. You can also use landscape stones so long as
          they are tall enough to reliably catch the bumper.

          You can also sometimes let it directly bump the tree. The trouble with that
          is that as the tree continues to grow it will develop a "ramp" effect as the
          roots get larger. At some point the mower sort of "runs up the side of the
          tree" instead of hitting the bumper. At that point you'll have to put up
          the boards, stones, or wire island.

          Dan