Re: [RoboMower] Just mowed my front yard

  • Ken Hawn
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 30, 2011
      You know we aren't saving a lot of money on these mowers. $50 for a battery run a gas mower a long time. The one great thing about these mowers is that they are labor intensive. That's a good thing for us lazy guys.
      Ken

      Sent from Ken Hawn's iPhone

      On Jan 30, 2011, at 12:24 PM, Eric Walker <eqwalker@...> wrote:

      > Yes, Spring is just around the corner and I have GOT to get new batteries for the 3 robomowers that I have. I'm still trying to decide which batteries I want to go with but I've got to replace 3 sets so it will cost me a little I'm afraid. But I did get 4 years out of mine so I guess I can't complain.
      >

      > To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
      > From: khawn@...
      > Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 21:57:29 +0000
      > Subject: [RoboMower] Just mowed my front yard
      >
      > I thought it would be nice to see how my old Robo is surviving the winter. The batteries in the perimeter box had fizzled out. After replacing the batteries, I turned it loosed in the front yard for about an hour. I'm glad to say that everything is working fine. The grass is still brown, but at that will change in a few weeks. About April I will have to start the growing season again. I know the rest of you are excited about getting your mowers going again too.
      >
      > Ken

    • Chris Zach
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 30, 2011
        On 1/30/2011 1:47 PM, Ken Hawn wrote:
        > You know we aren't saving a lot of money on these mowers. $50 for a battery run a gas mower a long time. The one great thing about these mowers is that they are labor intensive. That's a good thing for us lazy guys.
        > Ken

        It will be interesting to see how my mower holds up with it's old
        batteries and zener regs. I'm hoping they run for yet another year.

      • Tom Stewart
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 30, 2011
          $128 for 2 EB20-12 batteries delivered to NC from Zbattery.com.  Specify B&B Battery only, no substitutions in the info box.  They order them so it takes about 3 weeks to get them.