End of Season Maintenance

  • Ben Sporl
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 21, 2010
      Did anyone create a Wiki on what to do at the end of the season? I just pulled
      up my Robo for the season and the would like to clean it up before deep-sleep.

      Specifically, can I use white-grease on the gears or is something else
      recommended?

    • Christopher Zach
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 21, 2010
        On 11/21/2010 9:57 PM, Ben Sporl wrote:
        > Did anyone create a Wiki on what to do at the end of the season? I just pulled
        > up my Robo for the season and the would like to clean it up before deep-sleep.

        I'd say charge it, pull the battery, clean the underside, and put
        lithium grease on the gears. I've been using it for a few years and my
        gear train hasn't completely failed yet. Which is good since I never
        heard from Probotics on when a gear/wheel assembly is set to come in.

        Now, can I hang it from a hook on the front under the front mower well
        for the winter in my shed?

      • Doug
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 22, 2010
          --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Zach <cz@...> wrote:

          > Now, can I hang it from a hook on the front under the front mower well
          > for the winter in my shed?

          I actually drilled a couple extra holes in the bottom of the battery compartment area for hanging my mowers. I spaced the holes to match some large Y shaped screw in hangers I found at the hardware store. I have two mowers hanging one above the other on my garage wall. Works great.
        • Ben Sporl
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 23, 2010
            The Y hook is an excellent idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 28, 2010
              Christopher,

              Here is a Y-Hook from Sears, is this similar to the one you bought?
              http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM681906201P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

              With the drill in hand, did you create two new holes or use one of the existing
              holes?

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 29, 2010
                That looks similar to what I used, although I can't tell the size of it from the picture. Mine are about three inches wide. I drilled two new holes so that it would hang centered and balanced.

                --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Ben Sporl <bsporl@...> wrote:

                > Christopher,
                >
                > Here is a Y-Hook from Sears, is this similar to the one you bought?
                > http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM681906201P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1
                >

                > With the drill in hand, did you create two new holes or use one of the existing
                > holes?
              • Ben Sporl
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 11, 2010
                  I ended up buying Gladiator bar and hook from Sears. Looks great. Thanks again
                  for the suggestion.

                  ________________________________
                  That looks similar to what I used, although I can't tell the size of it from the
                  picture. Mine are about three inches wide. I drilled two new holes so that it
                  would hang centered and balanced.

                  --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Ben Sporl <bsporl@...> wrote:

                  > Christopher,
                  >
                  > Here is a Y-Hook from Sears, is this similar to the one you bought?
                  >http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM681906201P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1
                  >1
                  >

                  > With the drill in hand, did you create two new holes or use one of the existing
                  >
                  > holes?

                • Christopher Zach
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 12, 2010
                    On 12/11/2010 10:51 PM, Ben Sporl wrote:
                    > I ended up buying Gladiator bar and hook from Sears. Looks great. Thanks again
                    > for the suggestion.

                    I just checked on mine; I have them both hung from a 2*4 rafter using a
                    hook hanger from Home Despot that goes over the rafter and hooks under
                    the forward mower blade cavity.

                    Seems to work fine, they don't slip off. The batteries were charged up
                    and the Paktrakr disconnected for the winter. Also put away both wire
                    signal generators, will pick up again in the spring.