Removing spliced perimeter wire

  • IGGY and Svetlana - Kansas City Homes &
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2004
      Removed my front perimeter wire today that had 2 splices - over the months
      it has been giving me some trouble with "weak battery" signal on the switch
      when the mower would hit the splices with its front wheel or rear wheels.

      The thatch was pretty thick. The grass over 3 years grew over it at least 1
      inch. It was not that difficult to pull it, however I did tear the wire a
      couple of times. I had to use a hammer to pull the plastic pegs out of the
      ground. It rained and the dirt was soft. I should have used gloves as the
      wire was a bit hard on the hands, but it was OK.

      The pegs had a lot of dirt on them, so I filled a bucket with water and just
      soaked them in and will clean them up tomorrow.

      One of the splices that I missed before was handtwisted, the other was fixed
      up with the FR connector. This time I am laying a wire that is not broken as
      it's not worth the time and effort to look for the splices. If you can avoid
      it, buy longer wire for your yard - does FR or dealers sell longer wire?

      Also, I had pegs at about 5 feet from each other and this made yanking of
      the wire and pegs easy. I think the manual recommends closer pegs that this,
      On a straight line I think you can easily have 3-5 feet distance and save
      yourself the peg hammering time.

      Sincerely,

      IGGY Dybal

      Your Real Estate Consultant - Kansas City - RE/MAX Best

      E-mail: mailto:iggy@... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
      Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free: 877-550-IGGY/4449
      Fax: 913-451-5361
    • gary burns