Re: Robolithium

  • Frans
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2010
      I thought this Topic was about Identity Theft????

      However Interrresting it may be, throwing in a LIFEPO message turns our tidy forum into a Mess, (Easter Mass??)

      Happy Easter to all of you from the Rainy Beautiful Country of Windmills, Tulips, Wooden Shoes, Coffeshops where something else than Coffee is Served, [Not in My Little City of Dokkum Though], and Where We All Enjoy the Blessings of Socialized Medicine.....

      Frans From Morra (Friesland/Netherlands)

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Danny Miller <dannym@...> wrote:

      > YAY I've got my 20AH LiFePO4 cells in, and am charging.... which is a
      > major PITA right now, because I don't have a BMS built for it and thus
      > am charging each cell independently on a power supply. Meaning it could
      > take several days to recharge them all. But, right now they seem to
      > just need "topping off" and this isn't going to take quite that long.
      >
      > I also probably shouldn't let it run all the way down, because no BMS=no
      > discharge protection on a per-cell basis. The cells won't fall below
      > their damage threshold IF they all run down the same way, but it's quite
      > plausible that one will be weaker than the others thus this won't work
      > quite as per the ideal case. It'll probably be able to run much longer
      > than the lead-acid pack though.
      >
      > I just wanna see it run on lithium. Go, little dude, go!
      >
      > Danny

    • jeff
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1 2:21 PM
        so turnit on already! and see if will run ALL spring and summer on 1 charge :)

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1 2:36 PM
          I'm more looking forward to something that I can keep using for 10
          yrs.... don't care so much how many charges it takes to do it.
          I'm just tired of expensive batts which call it quits after a season or two.

          Plus, well, they're light.

          There's a LOT of extra space in the case. I thought there might be
          enough space to fit double the count of cells in there, a 40AH batt
          would kick ass! But, it doesn't quite work out even on a cubic inch
          basis on paper. Much less the fact that the cells aren't the ideal
          length and width so they're not going to match up with the case length,
          width, and height to make maximum use of the size.

          Danny

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1 2:57 PM
            put a solar panel on it and charge as you mow! THEN get a patent! Let the group be your investors and we can all retire!
            How much duct tape you use on this? Just kidding. Good ingenious job! I'd never attempt it.