Re: RL800 endlessly circling on perimiter

  • vandervoordef
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2009
      Hi Toolman,

      I do not understand the second sentence. Please explain...

      Frans

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "toolman_d" <toolman_d@...> wrote:

      > Its an undocumented function. You just have to wire your entire lawn now so that its mowed entirely as the 'perimeter'.

    • toolman_d
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1 12:35 PM
        It was a missed attempt at humor. Earlier discussions toyed with the idea of wiring a yard to be entirely mowed by the perimeter edge function.

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1 1:19 PM
          I actually use that method to mow a 35 meter long by 1 meter wide strip along the road. At the far end of the strip there is a small 'roundabout' to turn. This whole construction is a 'protrusion' of the perimeter wire. Robomow only went 'inside' it once, (and got hopelessly stuck, so the neighbours warned me of the mess he got himself in).

          --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "toolman_d" <toolman_d@...> wrote:

          > It was a missed attempt at humor. Earlier discussions toyed with the idea of wiring a yard to be entirely mowed by the perimeter edge function.
          >
          > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "vandervoordef" <voorde@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Toolman,
          > >
          > > I do not understand the second sentence. Please explain...
          > >
          > > Frans
          > >

          > > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "toolman_d" <toolman_d@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Its an undocumented function. You just have to wire your entire lawn now so that its mowed entirely as the 'perimeter'.

        • furbeerl
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1 1:28 PM
            I had this problem earlier this year. Go through the options and select learn edge. Start the edge learning and when it has circled the perimeter to the point you want it to stop, end edge learning mode. Reposition the mower and start normal mowing. Verify the problem goes away.