Dual Purpose for Wire

  • hersheymanager
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2 6:04 PM
      Anyone know if the Robo Wire that's electrified can also work as a dog/cat contanment area?
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2 9:06 PM
        Not at the same time, no.

        They're both just wire loops though. You can take the perimeter switch
        off it and change it for the dog collar driver on the same 2 wire
        terminals no problem. Provided its location is suitable for both
        purposes, which seems unlikely.

        Danny

        hersheymanager wrote:
        > Anyone know if the Robo Wire that's electrified can also work as a dog/cat contanment area?

      • vandervoordef
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2 11:35 PM
          Now that we are on the subject of the effects that Robomow has on animals:

          I remember reading that Robomow's electric fence would have an adverse effect on moles too. Looking out of the window the effect consists primarily of attracting them to our yard in large numbers :-)) ........

          Urban Myth??? Broodje Aap Verhaal?

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_legend

          In Dutch Urban Myth is called "Broodje Aap Verhaal", which means Monkey Sandwich Story.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3 7:05 AM
            With electrical signals many things are theoretically possible. I think
            this is highly unlikely.

            HOWEVER, on the off chance that it's real I'd suggest rushing over to the
            patent office as fast as you can. I'm sure a lot of folks would pay big
            bucks for something that would round the critters up so they could be dealt
            with properly!

            Dan

            --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com <mailto:RoboMower%40yahoogroups.com> ,
            Danny Miller <dannym@...> wrote:

            > Not at the same time, no.
            >
            > They're both just wire loops though. You can take the perimeter switch
            > off it and change it for the dog collar driver on the same 2 wire
            > terminals no problem. Provided its location is suitable for both
            > purposes, which seems unlikely.
            >
            > Danny
            >
            > hersheymanager wrote:
            > > Anyone know if the Robo Wire that's electrified can also work as a
            dog/cat contanment area?

          • hersheymanager
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3 9:09 AM
              Thanks Danny. If the Dog-Wire is the Same kind of wire that Robo's operate on, then it should work.

              Tho likely more Electrical Current needs applied to electrify the wire so to Alert the dog collar properly.... unless 3 C batteries is enough current.

              Our large backyard is Suitable for a Dog-contain area, just don't want to compromise or burn-up the Robo wire that causes Robo not to work. Thanks!