RL1000 service manual

  • Theodore Knab
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 25 7:34 AM
      Does anyone know if it is possible to get a RL1000 service manual ?

      I want to service my robot myself.

      --
      Ted Knab
      Stevensville, MD USA
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 25 2:30 PM
        That's bound to turn out to be a no. Dealers only.

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 25 4:37 PM
          That's pretty nuts. These things have to be maintained, and parts wear out.
          Shipping them off for maintenance is a huge pain in the rear. It is
          completely and absolutely unreasonable.

          We need information and reasonably priced parts.

          If I can't maintain them myself then I'm going to have to do something else
          besides the Robomower.

          Dan

          _____

          That's bound to turn out to be a no. Dealers only.

          --- In RoboMower@yahoogrou <mailto:RoboMower%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com,
          Theodore Knab <tjk@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know if it is possible to get a RL1000 service manual ?
          >
          > I want to service my robot myself.
          >
          > --
          > Ted Knab
          > Stevensville, MD USA

        • Austin Morgan
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 25 5:45 PM
            I have the manual Tyler gave out right before he went out of business. It
            is applicable to the RL-1000. I will send it to you off list.

            Austin

            > That's pretty nuts. These things have to be maintained, and parts wear
            out.
            > Shipping them off for maintenance is a huge pain in the rear. It is
            > completely and absolutely unreasonable.
            >

            > We need information and reasonably priced parts.
            >

            > If I can't maintain them myself then I'm going to have to do something
            else
            > besides the Robomower.
            >

            > Dan
            >

            > _____

          • Joseph & Julie Karaisz
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 25 9:47 PM
              Perhaps this will be of help.

              ----------

              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 25 11:50 PM
                Thanks. That catalog from Tyler is helpful, but there are more complete
                docs for troubleshooting and maintenance.

                We need a way to order parts at reasonable prices. Unless something has
                changed, Tyler is gone. I don't know who would have parts at reasonable
                prices.

                Dan

                _____

                I have the manual Tyler gave out right before he went out of business. It
                is applicable to the RL-1000. I will send it to you off list.

                Austin

                > That's pretty nuts. These things have to be maintained, and parts wear
                out.
                > Shipping them off for maintenance is a huge pain in the rear. It is
                > completely and absolutely unreasonable.
                >

                > We need information and reasonably priced parts.
                >

                > If I can't maintain them myself then I'm going to have to do something
                else
                > besides the Robomower.
                >

                > Dan
                >

                > _____
                >
                > From: RoboMower@yahoogrou <mailto:RoboMower%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com
                > That's bound to turn out to be a no. Dealers only.
                >
                > --- In RoboMower@yahoogrou ps.com,
                > Theodore Knab tjk@... wrote:
                >>
                >> Does anyone know if it is possible to get a RL1000 service manual ?
                >>
                >> I want to service my robot myself.
                >>
                >> --
                >> Ted Knab
                >> Stevensville, MD USA

              • Joseph & Julie Karaisz
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 26 5:43 AM
                  I did sent this message with an attachment. Why did it not show up?

                  On Jul 26, 2009, at 12:47 AM, Joseph & Julie Karaisz wrote:

                  > Perhaps this will be of help.
                  >
                  > ----------
                  >
                  > On Jul 25, 2009, at 5:30 PM, don_xvi@... wrote:
                  >
                  > > That's bound to turn out to be a no. Dealers only.
                  > >
                  > > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Theodore Knab <tjk@...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Does anyone know if it is possible to get a RL1000 service manual
                  > ?
                  > > >
                  > > > I want to service my robot myself.
                  > > >
                  > > > --
                  > > > Ted Knab
                  > > > Stevensville, MD USA

                • vandervoordef
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 26 6:17 AM
                    'The Group's Email Attachment Archive setting is currently set to not archive attachments. Please contact the group moderator to enable this setting.'

                    This is the message that you get when you click 'Attachement' in the menu in the left upper corner of the browser page.

                    Maybe explains you problem?

                    Frans

                    --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Joseph & Julie Karaisz <jjkaraisz@...> wrote:

                    > I did sent this message with an attachment. Why did it not show up?
                    >
                    > On Jul 26, 2009, at 12:47 AM, Joseph & Julie Karaisz wrote:
                    >
                    > > Perhaps this will be of help.
                    > >
                    > > ----------
                    > >
                    > > On Jul 25, 2009, at 5:30 PM, don_xvi@... wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > That's bound to turn out to be a no. Dealers only.

                    > > ?

                  • wolfbob
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 26 8:19 AM
                      I have copies of the service manuals for the 500 and 800. They are on my computer in HPs "Jetsuite" format but I can try to get them into Adobe (pdf) or something more common. The file is 28MB.

                      I agree, the service is too far away and its too expensive to transport the mowers around. Those of us that are inclined need data to keep 'em going.

                      WBob

                      I have the manual Tyler gave out right before he went out of business. It
                      is applicable to the RL-1000. I will send it to you off list.

                      Austin

                      > That's pretty nuts. These things have to be maintained, and parts wear
                      out.
                      > Shipping them off for maintenance is a huge pain in the rear. It is
                      > completely and absolutely unreasonable.
                      >

                      > We need information and reasonably priced parts.
                      >

                      > If I can't maintain them myself then I'm going to have to do something
                      else
                      > besides the Robomower.
                      >

                      > Dan
                      >

                      > _____

                    • Christopher Zach
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 26 8:55 AM
                        wolfbob wrote:
                        > I have copies of the service manuals for the 500 and 800. They are on my computer in HPs "Jetsuite" format but I can try to get them into Adobe (pdf) or something more common. The file is 28MB.
                        >
                        > I agree, the service is too far away and its too expensive to transport the mowers around. Those of us that are inclined need data to keep 'em going.

                        Well, this is a problem I am familiar with on my US Electricar list. And
                        the General Electric "Elec-Trak" list. We have these amazing things, no
                        one supports them, what do we do?

                        The problems I see are as follows:

                        1) Parts. If parts become un-findable, we're screwed. One thing we do on
                        the USE list is try to find stashes of parts. We also have to do
                        board-level repairs since the parts in some cases are pretty unique.

                        Another thought is stashes: The Elec-Traks had a lot of NOS parts out
                        there in the 70's. Some people have collected caches of them and now
                        sell them. This needs to be supported, if these people go out of
                        business or sell all the parts to Iraq for scrap we're screwed.

                        2) Service: Service is a high mark-up item because in these cases people
                        need to learn how to do it and that takes time. Free service doesn't
                        work too well; someone goes in and does free service, everyone
                        over-whelms them with questions, they get fed up with it and quit. Then
                        someone else has to do the free service thing.

                        This is why I charge for my time, not my knowledge. I'll tell people how
                        to replace the relays and such for free (well, I won't tell them how to
                        solder, learn that yourself) but if you want me to do it for your USE
                        car, I charge $500 for my time. Seems like a lot, but there's a lot of
                        money difference between a dead USE car (value $2,000) and a working one
                        (value $10,000). Besides, if I charge too much then undercut me :-)

                        3) Dealers doing service. This is a big question for the Robomower
                        people: How much $$$ are parts dealers making on service? Anything?
                        Nothing? Is Fedex eating any profits? What I don't want to see happen is
                        the dealers getting undercut, then they leave, then we're screwed.

                        So how do we do this? Well one option is to teach everyone with a
                        Robomower how to fix it. This works well as long as we're techs.
                        Unfortunately Robomowers are like US Electricars: Normal people want
                        them, and normal people can't fix them.

                        So what do you do? Perhaps have some people step up to offer services
                        like swapping out the REV chips for $100+ shipping or swapping the drive
                        train for $100 or something. Have enough people around the country and
                        shipping can stay within zone which is a lot cheaper with FedEx (also
                        use ground shipping). That's a possibility.

                        Otherwise we will have little islands of Robomowers. Which would be sad,
                        my RL500 is incredible and really saves me time. I'd like to keep
                        sharing that with the world.

                        Chris
                      • wolfbob
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 26 9:11 AM
                          I have just translated the service manuals to pdf format...It was surprisingly easy. (32MB)

                          I think there are two kinds of folk that have Robomowers. Those enamored with the technology and those who want to cut that big lawn. In amongst these two groups are two additional groups; those who fix things and those who have things fixed. It is the first group that I think is neglected. No matter how many tools you give the second group they still don't want to fix things, but would rather pay to have them fixed. Pay most any amount including buying a new mower. It is very hard for me (a fixer) to imagine that the Robomower is a throwaway gadget and it it breaks you just buy a new one, but there are those who have no problem with this.

                          But the mower is a complex device and still it puts on it's pants one leg at a time. What the fixers need is the service manual and kind souls to sell them parts.

                          WBob

                          > I have copies of the service manuals for the 500 and 800. They are on my computer in HPs "Jetsuite" format but I can try to get them into Adobe (pdf) or something more common. The file is 28MB.
                          >
                          > I agree, the service is too far away and its too expensive to transport the mowers around. Those of us that are inclined need data to keep 'em going.

                          Well, this is a problem I am familiar with on my US Electricar list. And
                          the General Electric "Elec-Trak" list. We have these amazing things, no
                          one supports them, what do we do?

                          The problems I see are as follows:

                          1) Parts. If parts become un-findable, we're screwed. One thing we do on
                          the USE list is try to find stashes of parts. We also have to do
                          board-level repairs since the parts in some cases are pretty unique.

                          Another thought is stashes: The Elec-Traks had a lot of NOS parts out
                          there in the 70's. Some people have collected caches of them and now
                          sell them. This needs to be supported, if these people go out of
                          business or sell all the parts to Iraq for scrap we're screwed.

                          2) Service: Service is a high mark-up item because in these cases people
                          need to learn how to do it and that takes time. Free service doesn't
                          work too well; someone goes in and does free service, everyone
                          over-whelms them with questions, they get fed up with it and quit. Then
                          someone else has to do the free service thing.

                          This is why I charge for my time, not my knowledge. I'll tell people how
                          to replace the relays and such for free (well, I won't tell them how to
                          solder, learn that yourself) but if you want me to do it for your USE
                          car, I charge $500 for my time. Seems like a lot, but there's a lot of
                          money difference between a dead USE car (value $2,000) and a working one
                          (value $10,000). Besides, if I charge too much then undercut me :-)

                          3) Dealers doing service. This is a big question for the Robomower
                          people: How much $$$ are parts dealers making on service? Anything?
                          Nothing? Is Fedex eating any profits? What I don't want to see happen is
                          the dealers getting undercut, then they leave, then we're screwed.

                          So how do we do this? Well one option is to teach everyone with a
                          Robomower how to fix it. This works well as long as we're techs.
                          Unfortunately Robomowers are like US Electricars: Normal people want
                          them, and normal people can't fix them.

                          So what do you do? Perhaps have some people step up to offer services
                          like swapping out the REV chips for $100+ shipping or swapping the drive
                          train for $100 or something. Have enough people around the country and
                          shipping can stay within zone which is a lot cheaper with FedEx (also
                          use ground shipping). That's a possibility.

                          Otherwise we will have little islands of Robomowers. Which would be sad,
                          my RL500 is incredible and really saves me time. I'd like to keep
                          sharing that with the world.

                          Chris

                        • douglsmith1
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 27 11:50 AM
                            --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Theodore Knab <tjk@...> wrote:

                            > Does anyone know if it is possible to get a RL1000 service manual ?
                            >
                            > I want to service my robot myself.

                            If you Google around a bit you can often find a distributor in some country that left their service manuals online. For example:

                            http://www.robotklippare.se/res/Brochyrer/sprangski1.pdf

                            We also have some service information over at:
                            http://robomowerwiki.com/index.php/Troubleshooting_and_Repair

                            It's a wiki so we can all pitch in and update it with what we know to benefit the whole community.
                          • Benjamin Hill
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jul 27 11:51 AM
                              So, are you sharing? Are they available for download somewhere? Did I
                              miss something? I would be interested in the RL800 manual.

                              Ben

                              > I have copies of the service manuals for the 500 and 800. They are on
                              my computer in HPs "Jetsuite" format but I can try to get them into
                              Adobe (pdf) or something more common. The file is 28MB.

                              > I agree, the service is too far away and its too expensive to
                              transport the mowers around. Those of us that are inclined need data to
                              keep 'em going.

                              Well, this is a problem I am familiar with on my US Electricar list. And

                              the General Electric "Elec-Trak" list. We have these amazing things, no
                              one supports them, what do we do?

                              The problems I see are as follows:

                              1) Parts. If parts become un-findable, we're screwed. One thing we do on

                              the USE list is try to find stashes of parts. We also have to do
                              board-level repairs since the parts in some cases are pretty unique.

                              Another thought is stashes: The Elec-Traks had a lot of NOS parts out
                              there in the 70's. Some people have collected caches of them and now
                              sell them. This needs to be supported, if these people go out of
                              business or sell all the parts to Iraq for scrap we're screwed.

                              2) Service: Service is a high mark-up item because in these cases people

                              need to learn how to do it and that takes time. Free service doesn't
                              work too well; someone goes in and does free service, everyone
                              over-whelms them with questions, they get fed up with it and quit. Then
                              someone else has to do the free service thing.

                              This is why I charge for my time, not my knowledge. I'll tell people how

                              to replace the relays and such for free (well, I won't tell them how to
                              solder, learn that yourself) but if you want me to do it for your USE
                              car, I charge $500 for my time. Seems like a lot, but there's a lot of
                              money difference between a dead USE car (value $2,000) and a working one

                              (value $10,000). Besides, if I charge too much then undercut me :-)

                              3) Dealers doing service. This is a big question for the Robomower
                              people: How much $$$ are parts dealers making on service? Anything?
                              Nothing? Is Fedex eating any profits? What I don't want to see happen is

                              the dealers getting undercut, then they leave, then we're screwed.

                              So how do we do this? Well one option is to teach everyone with a
                              Robomower how to fix it. This works well as long as we're techs.
                              Unfortunately Robomowers are like US Electricars: Normal people want
                              them, and normal people can't fix them.

                              So what do you do? Perhaps have some people step up to offer services
                              like swapping out the REV chips for $100+ shipping or swapping the drive

                              train for $100 or something. Have enough people around the country and
                              shipping can stay within zone which is a lot cheaper with FedEx (also
                              use ground shipping). That's a possibility.

                              Otherwise we will have little islands of Robomowers. Which would be sad,

                              my RL500 is incredible and really saves me time. I'd like to keep
                              sharing that with the world.

                              Chris

                            • toolman_d
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 27 3:33 PM
                                That's a parts manual not the service manual...
                                A service manual was found in May '07 but is no longer available...
                                Some on the last may have downloaded a copy...

                                Message 15 of 24 , Jul 27 4:00 PM
                                  I have sent out several copies... standby as someone will surely put them in order and upload them to the "Files" section.

                                  WBob

> [...]

                                  Nothing? Is Fedex eating any profits? What I don't want to see happen is

                                  the dealers getting undercut, then they leave, then we're screwed.

                                  So how do we do this? Well one option is to teach everyone with a
                                  Robomower how to fix it. This works well as long as we're techs.
                                  Unfortunately Robomowers are like US Electricars: Normal people want
                                  them, and normal people can't fix them.

                                  So what do you do? Perhaps have some people step up to offer services
                                  like swapping out the REV chips for $100+ shipping or swapping the drive

                                  train for $100 or something. Have enough people around the country and
                                  shipping can stay within zone which is a lot cheaper with FedEx (also
                                  use ground shipping). That's a possibility.

                                  Otherwise we will have little islands of Robomowers. Which would be sad,

                                  my RL500 is incredible and really saves me time. I'd like to keep

                                • Chuck Grenkow
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jul 28 8:34 AM
                                    I uploaded the files last year Manual and Stop Codes - unfortunately they were removed (copyright infringement?)

                                    Chuck G

                                    To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: wolfbob@...
                                    Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:00:12 -0700

> [...]

                                    Nothing? Is Fedex eating any profits? What I don't want to see happen is

                                    the dealers getting undercut, then they leave, then we're screwed.

                                    So how do we do this? Well one option is to teach everyone with a
                                    Robomower how to fix it. This works well as long as we're techs.
                                    Unfortunately Robomowers are like US Electricars: Normal people want
                                    them, and normal people can't fix them.

                                    So what do you do? Perhaps have some people step up to offer services
                                    like swapping out the REV chips for $100+ shipping or swapping the drive

                                    train for $100 or something. Have enough people around the country and
                                    shipping can stay within zone which is a lot cheaper with FedEx (also
                                    use ground shipping). That's a possibility.

                                    Otherwise we will have little islands of Robomowers. Which would be sad,

                                    my RL500 is incredible and really saves me time. I'd like to keep

                                  • m056678
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Mar 10, 2011
                                      Any way to get this service manual from anyone here? Or can someone point me to one online? I am trying to fix my RL1000. Thanks.

                                      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Grenkow <cgrenkow@...> wrote:

                                      > I uploaded the files last year Manual and Stop Codes - unfortunately they were removed (copyright infringement?)
                                      >

                                      > Chuck G
                                      >

                                      > To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
                                      > From: wolfbob@...
                                      > Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:00:12 -0700
                                      > Subject: Re: [RoboMower] Re: RL1000 service manual
                                      >

                                      > I have sent out several copies... standby as someone will surely put them in order and upload them to the "Files" section.
                                      >
                                      > WBob

                                    • Charles Grenkow
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Mar 12, 2011
                                        Send me an email off line and I'll search my files and see if I can send it to you.
                                        ChucklesG@...

                                        To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
                                        From: m056678@...
                                        Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 04:07:19 +0000

                                        Any way to get this service manual from anyone here? Or can someone point me to one online? I am trying to fix my RL1000. Thanks.

                                        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Grenkow <cgrenkow@...> wrote:

                                        > I uploaded the files last year Manual and Stop Codes - unfortunately they were removed (copyright infringement?)
                                        >

                                        > Chuck G
                                        >

                                        > To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
                                        > From: wolfbob@...
                                        > Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:00:12 -0700
                                        > Subject: Re: [RoboMower] Re: RL1000 service manual
                                        >

                                        > I have sent out several copies... standby as someone will surely put them in order and upload them to the "Files" section.
                                        >
                                        > WBob

                                      • techferret56
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Sep 16, 2011
                                          Hello, just managed to join the group so I hope I have got this right! UK based user of RL1000 since 2006 I would appreciate a copy of your dealer service infomation and manuals. Having difficulty with my RL1000 and service here is compromised by shipping costs, so trying to sort it myself. With good electronics background I would be willing to try and help other users where necessary.
                                          Thanking you in advance for any help offered,
                                          Peter

                                          --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Charles Grenkow <cgrenkow@...> wrote:

                                          > Send me an email off line and I'll search my files and see if I can send it to you.
                                          > ChucklesG@...
                                          >

                                          > To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
                                          > From: m056678@...
                                          > Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 04:07:19 +0000
                                          > Subject: [RoboMower] Re: RL1000 service manual
                                          >

                                          > Any way to get this service manual from anyone here? Or can someone point me to one online? I am trying to fix my RL1000. Thanks.
                                          >
                                          > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Grenkow <cgrenkow@> wrote:
                                          > >

                                          > > I uploaded the files last year Manual and Stop Codes - unfortunately they were removed (copyright infringement?)
                                          > >

                                          > > Chuck G
                                          > >

                                          > > To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
                                          > > From: wolfbob@
                                          > > Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:00:12 -0700
                                          > > Subject: Re: [RoboMower] Re: RL1000 service manual
                                          > >

                                          > > I have sent out several copies... standby as someone will surely put them in order and upload them to the "Files" section.
                                          > >
                                          > > WBob

                                        • Charles Grenkow
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Sep 24, 2011
                                            Done :o)
                                            To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
                                            From: techferret56@...
                                            Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 13:28:02 +0000

                                            Hello, just managed to join the group so I hope I have got this right! UK based user of RL1000 since 2006 I would appreciate a copy of your dealer service infomation and manuals. Having difficulty with my RL1000 and service here is compromised by shipping costs, so trying to sort it myself. With good electronics background I would be willing to try and help other users where necessary.

                                            Thanking you in advance for any help offered,

                                            Peter

                                            --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Charles Grenkow <cgrenkow@...> wrote:

                                            > Send me an email off line and I'll search my files and see if I can send it to you.

                                            > ChucklesG@...

                                            > To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com

                                            > From: m056678@...

                                            > Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 04:07:19 +0000

                                            > Subject: [RoboMower] Re: RL1000 service manual

                                            > Any way to get this service manual from anyone here? Or can someone point me to one online? I am trying to fix my RL1000. Thanks.

                                            > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Grenkow <cgrenkow@> wrote:

                                            > > I uploaded the files last year Manual and Stop Codes - unfortunately they were removed (copyright infringement?)

                                            > > Chuck G

                                            > > To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com

                                            > > From: wolfbob@

                                            > > Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:00:12 -0700

                                            > > Subject: Re: [RoboMower] Re: RL1000 service manual

                                            > > I have sent out several copies... standby as someone will surely put them in order and upload them to the "Files" section.

                                            > > WBob

                                          • roystrutt
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Sep 25, 2011
                                              Where in the UK are you ?
                                              roystrutt@...

                                              Hello, just managed to join the group so I hope I have got this right! UK based user of RL1000 since 2006 I would appreciate a copy of your dealer service infomation and manuals. Having difficulty with my RL1000 and service here is compromised by shipping costs, so trying to sort it myself. With good electronics background I would be willing to try and help other users where necessary.

                                              Thanking you in advance for any help offered,

                                              Peter

                                              --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Charles Grenkow <cgrenkow@...> wrote:

                                              > Send me an email off line and I'll search my files and see if I can send it to you.

                                              > ChucklesG@...

                                              > To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com

                                              > From: m056678@...

                                              > Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 04:07:19 +0000

                                              > Subject: [RoboMower] Re: RL1000 service manual

                                              > Any way to get this service manual from anyone here? Or can someone point me to one online? I am trying to fix my RL1000. Thanks.

                                              > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Grenkow <cgrenkow@> wrote:

                                              > > I uploaded the files last year Manual and Stop Codes - unfortunately they were removed (copyright infringement?)

                                              > > Chuck G

                                              > > To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com

                                              > > From: wolfbob@

                                              > > Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:00:12 -0700

                                              > > Subject: Re: [RoboMower] Re: RL1000 service manual

                                              > > I have sent out several copies... standby as someone will surely put them in order and upload them to the "Files" section.

                                              > > WBob

                                            • snej123
                                              Message 22 of 24 , May 3, 2012
                                                Hello,

                                                sorry, but could someone send me the service manual for the RL1000 mower via e-mail?
                                                Thank you.

                                                jens

                                                --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "roystrutt" <roystrutt@...> wrote:

                                                > Where in the UK are you ?
                                                > roystrutt@...

                                              • gautelund
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Aug 26, 2012
                                                  Does anyone still has the complete service manual(s) (preferably RL1000, but everything is of interest) - 100+ pages? If so, can you e-mail me off list? gaute@.... I will happily put it up on the web and keep them there for everyone forever.

                                                  -gaute

                                                  --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Theodore Knab <tjk@...> wrote:

                                                  > Does anyone know if it is possible to get a RL1000 service manual ?
                                                  >
                                                  > I want to service my robot myself.
                                                  >
                                                  > --
                                                  > Ted Knab
                                                  > Stevensville, MD USA

                                                • rawest69
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Jun 1, 2013
                                                    --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "wolfbob" <wolfbob@...> wrote:

                                                    > I have just translated the service manuals to pdf format...It was surprisingly easy. (32MB)
                                                    >
                                                    > I think there are two kinds of folk that have Robomowers. Those enamored with the technology and those who want to cut that big lawn. In amongst these two groups are two additional groups; those who fix things and those who have things fixed. It is the first group that I think is neglected. No matter how many tools you give the second group they still don't want to fix things, but would rather pay to have them fixed. Pay most any amount including buying a new mower. It is very hard for me (a fixer) to imagine that the Robomower is a throwaway gadget and it it breaks you just buy a new one, but there are those who have no problem with this.
                                                    >
                                                    > But the mower is a complex device and still it puts on it's pants one leg at a time. What the fixers need is the service manual and kind souls to sell them parts.
                                                    >
                                                    > WBob

                                                    Rob