Re: [RoboMower] Re: Upgrade of RL1000, benefits and how?

  • Joseph & Julie Karaisz
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 1, 2009
      Thanks.

      On Jun 30, 2009, at 6:22 PM, Nils Arne Løveng wrote:

      > As far as i recall, it was written "eco mode" on the chip.
      > There is also a setting in the service menu, where you can turn eco
      > mode on and off.
      >
      > /Nils Arne
      >
      > > How do u know I'd u have this chip with Eco mode?
      >
      > > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > > On Jun 30, 2009, at 11:20 AM, Nils Arne <nloeveng@...> wrote:
      >

      > >> I have to disagree with that ;)
      > >>
      > >> I upgraded mine RL1000 before this season, with the new "eco-mode"
      > >> chip.
      > >> With this chip the cutting motors runs at a much lower speed, but
      > >> spins up
      > >> if robomow senses a higher resistance from long grass. The mower
      > >> is noticeably more quiet, and i get almost 1 hour longer cutting
      > >> sessions.
      > >>
      > >> /Nils Arne
      > >> "I'm not a native english speaker, so strange phrases _will_ occur"
      > >> c",)

      > >> 1000's

    • Joseph & Julie Karaisz
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 3, 2009
        I looked through the service menu and I did not see an eco mode. Is it
        under a menu item in the service menu?
        On Jun 30, 2009, at 10:09 PM, toolman_d wrote:

        > Why do they always put all the useful end user stuff under the Service
        > menu? It makes no sense to me...
        >
        > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Nils Arne Løveng <nloeveng@...>
        > wrote:
        > >

        > > As far as i recall, it was written "eco mode" on the chip.
        > > There is also a setting in the service menu, where you can turn eco
        > > mode on and off.
        > >

        > > /Nils Arne
        > >

        > > > How do u know I'd u have this chip with Eco mode?
        > >
        > > > Sent from my iPhone

        > "eco-mode"

        > occur"

        > the

      • Nils Arne
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 3, 2009
          If you have the "eco mode" chip: Service - Settings - Eco mode. The
          options are ON or OFF.

          /Nils Arne

          > I looked through the service menu and I did not see an eco mode. Is it
          > under a menu item in the service menu?
        • Thomas Vikstrom
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 11, 2009
            Hi William and others,

            Thanks for clarifying this. Having a longer run time would of course be
            nice for me, and a quieter mover would be nice for our neighbours. For
            some reason the batteries I have just give a bit over 2 hours run time,
            even when they were new. My lawn is quite even, but with several
            obstacles and islands, so that may have something to do with it.

            Now if I just could get hold of a chip here in Europe...

            Thanks,
            Thomas

            --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "tinapropes" <tinapropes@...> wrote:

            > Hi Thomas,
            > The only real feature that has been updated to the newest firmware
            is the addition of the ECO mode feature. Eco mode slows down the
            rotational speed of the blades when it is not cutting thick grass. When
            the blades encounter resistance, they speed up again to cut the thicker
            grass. This is supposed to increase battery run time by up to 20% per
            session. I have not talked to many people that have used this feature
            so I do not know how well it works. It is easy to upgrade the unit
            yourself. You just have to pop the chip out of it's socket and replace
            it with a new one. U.S. dealers usually sell the upgrade chips for
            about $50.

            > Good luck,
            > William

          • Matt
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 11, 2009
              Thomas,

              I need to know your RL1000's main board p/n so you can verify if you have the latest board and also take advantage of the new chip subroutines that are tighter and mimic how a human mows back and forth rather than the "hit and miss" zig zag pattern. ... go to the information section of your menu. You can go to page 55 of the user manual to find the controller steps to locate this. If you have the latest board, then this is possible.

              Matt Cooper
              AutoMate Tools

              --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Vikstrom" <thanhvikstrom@...> wrote:

              > Hi William and others,
              >
              > Thanks for clarifying this. Having a longer run time would of course be
              > nice for me, and a quieter mover would be nice for our neighbours. For
              > some reason the batteries I have just give a bit over 2 hours run time,
              > even when they were new. My lawn is quite even, but with several
              > obstacles and islands, so that may have something to do with it.
              >
              > Now if I just could get hold of a chip here in Europe...
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Thomas
              >

              > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "tinapropes" <tinapropes@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Thomas,
              > > The only real feature that has been updated to the newest firmware
              > is the addition of the ECO mode feature. Eco mode slows down the
              > rotational speed of the blades when it is not cutting thick grass. When
              > the blades encounter resistance, they speed up again to cut the thicker
              > grass. This is supposed to increase battery run time by up to 20% per
              > session. I have not talked to many people that have used this feature
              > so I do not know how well it works. It is easy to upgrade the unit
              > yourself. You just have to pop the chip out of it's socket and replace
              > it with a new one. U.S. dealers usually sell the upgrade chips for
              > about $50.
              > >
              > > Good luck,
              > > William

            • Thomas Vikstrom
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 12, 2009
                Matt,

                The p/n of my main board is ESBC050B 255

                Thomas

                --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <mattcoop2@...> wrote:

                > Thomas,
                >
                > I need to know your RL1000's main board p/n so you can verify if you have the latest board and also take advantage of the new chip subroutines that are tighter and mimic how a human mows back and forth rather than the "hit and miss" zig zag pattern. ... go to the information section of your menu. You can go to page 55 of the user manual to find the controller steps to locate this. If you have the latest board, then this is possible.
                >
                > Matt Cooper
                > AutoMate Tools
                >
                > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Vikstrom" <thanhvikstrom@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi William and others,
                > >
                > > Thanks for clarifying this. Having a longer run time would of course be
                > > nice for me, and a quieter mover would be nice for our neighbours. For
                > > some reason the batteries I have just give a bit over 2 hours run time,
                > > even when they were new. My lawn is quite even, but with several
                > > obstacles and islands, so that may have something to do with it.
                > >
                > > Now if I just could get hold of a chip here in Europe...
                > >
                > > Thanks,
                > > Thomas
                > >

                > > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "tinapropes" <tinapropes@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hi Thomas,
                > > > The only real feature that has been updated to the newest firmware
                > > is the addition of the ECO mode feature. Eco mode slows down the
                > > rotational speed of the blades when it is not cutting thick grass. When
                > > the blades encounter resistance, they speed up again to cut the thicker
                > > grass. This is supposed to increase battery run time by up to 20% per
                > > session. I have not talked to many people that have used this feature
                > > so I do not know how well it works. It is easy to upgrade the unit
                > > yourself. You just have to pop the chip out of it's socket and replace
                > > it with a new one. U.S. dealers usually sell the upgrade chips for
                > > about $50.
                > > >
                > > > Good luck,
                > > > William

              • Thomas Vikstrom
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 19, 2009
                  Matt,

                  Do you think my main board is new enough?

                  Thomas