RE: [RoboMower] Re: RL1000 dock setup

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2009
      Loop around the left side then come back toward the mower entry of the dock.

      You need to accomplish two things with how far you come back.

      1. The mower must encounter the wire after it leaves the dock but
      before it can find its way around the dock.

      2. The wire must get close enough to the dock so that during random
      mowing the mower will either hit the dock with its bumper or encounter a
      perimeter wire without finding its way around to the front of the dock.

      I'd say loop it around the dock about 2 or 3 feet, back to about 6 to 12
      inches from the dock side bumper. That's about how I have mine. YMMV, so
      play with it.

      Doing that will let you put the dock "part way" under a porch or deck, or
      maybe part way into a flower bed.

      Dan