Re: RL1000 dock setup

  • toolman_d
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2009
      Gotcha - so loop around the left side a bit then angle out...

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2009
        Loop around the left side then come back toward the mower entry of the dock.

        You need to accomplish two things with how far you come back.

        1. The mower must encounter the wire after it leaves the dock but
        before it can find its way around the dock.

        2. The wire must get close enough to the dock so that during random
        mowing the mower will either hit the dock with its bumper or encounter a
        perimeter wire without finding its way around to the front of the dock.

        I'd say loop it around the dock about 2 or 3 feet, back to about 6 to 12
        inches from the dock side bumper. That's about how I have mine. YMMV, so
        play with it.

        Doing that will let you put the dock "part way" under a porch or deck, or
        maybe part way into a flower bed.

        Dan

        Gotcha - so loop around the left side a bit then angle out...

        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com <mailto:RoboMower%40yahoogroups.com> , "Dan