Robomower group - Moderation & approving new members

  • iggykc
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2009
      Hey, peeps,

      I just checked there were a few new menbers, so I approved them. Whoever is moderating, keep thcekcing and approving. A couple had Indian names, so this is most likely spammers. I approved one or two who said they were interested in robotics, so watch them and delete mercilessly.

      IGGY
    • Richard Gard
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2009
        It is good to see a post from you, Iggy. It means spring (and mowing) will be coming soon.

        Now I must start shopping for a new battery. Guess I will look at digikey first. They were very generous to my high school robot team a few years back

      • Ben Sporl
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2009
          Let me know what you settle on and price. I need a new set of batteries as well.

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2009
            Welcome back Iggy. I too have approved or disapproved a few members.

            The ones that state "I am owner" or "interested in robotics" are computer generated, so I don't approve those.
            I'll let them try again with a real reason to join the group. Which they have not... so far.

            I also have noticed a few have changed their email address right after joining the group. Those I especially watch out for!

            Bob