knobby tires

  • Charlie Sumpter
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009
      Hi all!

      I need to get some knobby wheels for my old-school smooth-wheeled RL-550/800/850 (I'm not even sure what it is now...it was an RL-500 but I bought an upgraded board for it).

      I know the software will handle the knobby wheels...in the setup portion it has the option for it.

      I ordered some from Probotics.com, but that was weeks ago and I still don't have them, and my inquiries to them have gone unanswered.

      It's about mowing season here in SLC (if it ever stops snowing!), and I want to get the mower ready to go.

      Can anyone help me?

      Thanks!

      -Charlie

    • Christopher Zach
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009
        Charlie Sumpter wrote:
        > Hi all!
        >
        > I need to get some knobby wheels for my old-school smooth-wheeled RL-550/800/850 (I'm not even sure what it is now...it was an RL-500 but I bought an upgraded board for it).
        >
        > I know the software will handle the knobby wheels...in the setup portion it has the option for it.

        Really? I didn't realize I had to update the software, where is it (I
        have a RL500-B)

        > I ordered some from Probotics.com, but that was weeks ago and I still don't have them, and my inquiries to them have gone unanswered.

        That too is weird, maybe they're busy.

        Chris

        > It's about mowing season here in SLC (if it ever stops snowing!), and I want to get the mower ready to go.
        >
        > Can anyone help me?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > -Charlie

      • Ben Sporl
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
          Probotics.com is out of business? Wow, they used to have rock-on fast shipping and good customer support.

          FYI, Yes you can upgrade your RL500A model to C. It's a CPU swap with the hardest part getting the big yellow shell off. I think someone even created a wiki with screen-shots.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
            Charlie,

            I thought that I emailed you a while back regarding the wheels. We are
            awaiting a shipment from Friendly Robotics and hope to have them next week.

            Sorry for the delay!

            Steve Jones

            Probotics

            Cyperceptions, Inc.

            215-886-4717 x 11

            sjones@...

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
              Ben Sporl wrote:
              > Probotics.com is out of business? Wow, they used to have rock-on fast shipping and good customer support.

              I don't think they are. I just approved a post from him, and took him
              off moderation.

              > FYI, Yes you can upgrade your RL500A model to C. It's a CPU swap with the hardest part getting the big yellow shell off. I think someone even created a wiki with screen-shots.

              One of these days I should do that. Only problem is the B code with the
              knobby tires seems to work well. Maybe this year.

              Chris
            • Art
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
                On Apr 2, 2009, at 6:48 AM, Christopher Zach wrote:
                > Ben Sporl wrote:
                > > FYI, Yes you can upgrade your RL500A model to C. It's a CPU swap
                > with the hardest part getting the big yellow shell off. I think
                > someone even created a wiki with screen-shots.
                >
                > One of these days I should do that. Only problem is the B code with
                > the
                > knobby tires seems to work well. Maybe this year.

                FWIW: I put knobby tires on my A last year and it ran w/o any problems.