Sticky green stuff (grass) and how to stop it maybe.

  • bkelley9401
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2009
      Any body try EZ-SLIDE paint says it will adhere to plastic. May be what
      the doctor ordered for that sticky green stuff.
      http://tinyurl.com/bxahfv
      or copy and paste this link
      http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10
      551_10001_34274_-1______?rFlag=true&cFlag=1
    • Bob and Barbara
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2009
        I have been just using spray-on silicone for the last 3 years and that
        seems to work fine. On occassion when we check the bottom, any dried
        grass just peels off in a thin layer.
        Or will just drop off when the mower first starts out of the docking
        station.
        Bob

        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "bkelley9401" <neverheardofhim@...>
        wrote:

        > Any body try EZ-SLIDE paint says it will adhere to plastic. May be
        what
        > the doctor ordered for that sticky green stuff.
        > http://tinyurl.com/bxahfv
        > or copy and paste this link

        http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10
        > 551_10001_34274_-1______?rFlag=true&cFlag=1

      • ronald heinz
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2009
          I use pam. ron heinz

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2009
            PAM is a type of vegetable oil, isn't it? It'll go rancid eventually.
            ewww....

            I've used silicone spray lube. Actually I've found it's not as helpful
            as I dreamed. With a few hours of runtime (and one mowing cycle takes
            longer than that) it seems to have managed to wipe that stuff off
            completely and gone back to sticking.

            With or without silicone, once that stuff is left to dry for like a week
            in low humidity conditions it cakes right off. Part of the drying
            process makes it shrink as it cakes up and it pulls itself right off the
            blade wells.

            The silicone was sort of helpful, but I just gave up using it
            eventually. It probably made it more efficient for awhile though until
            it got wiped off by the grass flow.

            Danny