Re: [RoboMower] Robomower for Sale...

  • IggyKC@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 22, 2008
      Did you try to get rid of the rocks or raise the mower to the highest
      setting? Sounds like the rocks are rock size and not pebbles?
      You know paying neighborhood kids $10 will go a long way for an hour of the
      job :o)

      I ASSume, it worked before for you or did you just move to this new place?
      This would explain it then, or maybe you had some erosion of soil. It maybe
      a good idea to add soil, cover the rocks and reseed it? Will be
      environmentally friendly still if you are thinking to go with regular mower
      or a professional service? It's a lot of work and may cost if you hire
      someone or you can slowly do it on your own.

      A couple of weeks ago I was stunned to see a previously normal yard torn and
      scalped and raked to the ground. So this is possible.

      On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:57 PM, Kathleen Dillon Hunt <
      Kathleen@...> wrote:

      > I have an RL500 or 550 (I don't know which) that runs perfectly fine,
      > and
      > has all the acoutrements. But my yard is so rocky that it just can't handle
      > it. Does anyone have any ideas about who might want to purchase it from me?
      > (I know - ebay - that's where I got it - but I was hoping to sell it to
      > someone who actually knows what it is...
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Kathy
      >
      > ****************************
      > Kathleen Dillon Hunt
      > Attorney at Law
      > Employment & Unfair Competition
      > (360) 584-9280
      > Kathleen@... <Kathleen%40Dillonhunt.com>
      >
      > The information contained in this e-mail and in any attached document(s) is
      > CONFIDENTIAL and may be protected by attorney-client privilege and/or the
      > work-product doctrine. The e-mail -- and attached document(s) -- is
      > intended
      > for use by the person(s) to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not
      > the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
      > distribution, copying, or other use of such e-mail and/or document(s) is
      > strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail and/or any attached
      > document(s) in error, please destroy the communications and immediately
      > notify us by telephone at (360) 584-9280. Thank you.
      >

      > _____

    • Kathleen Dillon Hunt
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 22, 2008
        I'm in Lacey, Washington - while they call this soil "sandy," what it really
        is is literally filled with rocks 6 inches in diameter and larger. And yes,
        I could re-seed or lay sod down - but I really don't have the money to do
        that, especially not to simply accommodate a robot. And unfortunately, in
        this neighborhood the average age is 62, and most are substantially older
        than that - there are no kids in this neighborhood.

        But thanks anyway. And yes, the mower works perfectly - the GPS finds it
        and the mower speaks and runs - but it can't deal with the rocks.

        Kathy

        ****************************

        Kathleen@dillonhunt <mailto:Kathleen%40dillonhunt.com> .com> wrote:

        > I have an RL500 or 550 (I don't know which) that runs perfectly fine,
        > and
        > has all the acoutrements. But my yard is so rocky that it just can't
        handle
        > it. Does anyone have any ideas about who might want to purchase it from
        me?
        > (I know - ebay - that's where I got it - but I was hoping to sell it to
        > someone who actually knows what it is...
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Kathy
        >
        > ****************************
        > Kathleen Dillon Hunt
        > Attorney at Law
        > Employment & Unfair Competition
        > (360) 584-9280
        > Kathleen@Dillonhunt <mailto:Kathleen%40Dillonhunt.com> .com
        <Kathleen%40Dillonhunt.com>

        > The information contained in this e-mail and in any attached document(s)
        is
        > CONFIDENTIAL and may be protected by attorney-client privilege and/or the
        > work-product doctrine. The e-mail -- and attached document(s) -- is
        > intended
        > for use by the person(s) to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not
        > the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
        > distribution, copying, or other use of such e-mail and/or document(s) is
        > strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail and/or any attached
        > document(s) in error, please destroy the communications and immediately
        > notify us by telephone at (360) 584-9280. Thank you.
        >

        > _____
        >
        > From: RoboMower@yahoogrou <mailto:RoboMower%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com
        <RoboMower%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:
        > RoboMower@yahoogrou <mailto:RoboMower%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com
        <RoboMower%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf
        > Of Christopher Zach
        > Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 8:08 PM
        > To: RoboMower@yahoogrou <mailto:RoboMower%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com
        <RoboMower%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: Re: [RoboMower] Thoughts on moderation
        >
        > tyt9248 wrote:
        > > I also want to vote for asking WHY they want to join.
        >
        > ok, I'll see if I can raise Iggy and have a discussion on this. Ig, what
        > do you think? Set the list to un-moderated unless people are stupid, and
        > only allow people to join if they post a reason. That should keep out
        > the spammers and such. As for off-topic things, ignore them.
        >
        > On a robomower note, I put a tombstone on my mower and let it run around
        > the front yard as part of our Halloween decorations. It looked great :-)
        >
        > CZ

      • Bill
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 27, 2008
          <Sounds like the rocks are rock size and not pebbles?>
          ---------------------------
          LOL
          Gee, Mr. Wizard.

          ;-)
          WB

          --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "IggyKC@..." <iggykc@...> wrote:

          > Did you try to get rid of the rocks or raise the mower to the highest
          > setting? Sounds like the rocks are rock size and not pebbles?
          > You know paying neighborhood kids $10 will go a long way for an hour
          of the
          > job :o)
          >
          > I ASSume, it worked before for you or did you just move to this new
          place?
          > This would explain it then, or maybe you had some erosion of soil.
          It maybe
          > a good idea to add soil, cover the rocks and reseed it? Will be
          > environmentally friendly still if you are thinking to go with
          regular mower
          > or a professional service? It's a lot of work and may cost if you hire
          > someone or you can slowly do it on your own.
          >
          > A couple of weeks ago I was stunned to see a previously normal yard
          torn and
          > scalped and raked to the ground. So this is possible.
          >

          > On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:57 PM, Kathleen Dillon Hunt <
          > Kathleen@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I have an RL500 or 550 (I don't know which) that runs perfectly
          fine,
          > > and
          > > has all the acoutrements. But my yard is so rocky that it just
          can't handle
          > > it. Does anyone have any ideas about who might want to purchase it
          from me?
          > > (I know - ebay - that's where I got it - but I was hoping to sell
          it to
          > > someone who actually knows what it is...
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Kathy
          > >
          > > ****************************
          > > Kathleen Dillon Hunt
          > > Attorney at Law
          > > Employment & Unfair Competition
          > > (360) 584-9280
          > > Kathleen@... <Kathleen%40Dillonhunt.com>
          > >
          > > The information contained in this e-mail and in any attached
          document(s) is
          > > CONFIDENTIAL and may be protected by attorney-client privilege
          and/or the
          > > work-product doctrine. The e-mail -- and attached document(s) -- is
          > > intended
          > > for use by the person(s) to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you
          are not
          > > the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
          dissemination,
          > > distribution, copying, or other use of such e-mail and/or
          document(s) is
          > > strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail and/or any
          attached
          > > document(s) in error, please destroy the communications and
          immediately
          > > notify us by telephone at (360) 584-9280. Thank you.
          > >

          > > _____

        • Kathleen Dillon Hunt

            --- In RoboMower@yahoogrou <mailto:RoboMower%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com,

          • IggyKC@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 27, 2008
              Shucks,

              Your job description shows you don't kid around with definitions :o)

            • Kathleen Dillon Hunt
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 27, 2008
                Actually, "fooling around with definitions" is a large part of my "job
                description," much to my chagrin.