Re:My Latest Issue...

  • swjenkins@aep.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2008
      I have a small update on this and wanted to see if this might jar
      someone's memory or give them an idea about other options I might try. I
      looked through the Robomower's manual and found a feature in there called
      Wide Scan. The book said something about, "in some cases enabling this
      feature might prove beneficial when you find the mower going back and
      forth over the same area." I turned that feature on and put the mower out
      in the smallest designated area and it worked like it's old self again. I
      was thrilled so I let the mower finish that section and moved it to my
      backyard. Without changing any setting, my mower went back into the same
      routine of getting near a corner and then just working back and forth over
      an area no wider than three rows over and over and over again.

      I tried everything from setting the mower back to Wide Scan Off, starting
      the mower, and that didn't work. Repeating the previous steps and then
      stopping the mower and turning the Wide Scan back on didn't do the trick
      either. Has anybody else had any experience with the wide scan feature?
      I'm kind of baffled about the wide scan working in one area and then not
      working in the back yard...just seems too weird and make me think I'm
      missing something.

      Does my scenario sound familiar to anyone out there...especially the guys
      who understand the software on these mowers? Do you think taking it to a
      service center of some kind will be beneficial?