Re: What exactly is eco mode??

  • kitno10
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 10, 2008
      After some searching I found also a reference on it from a German
      dealer. I've asked for clarification.

      tx

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Austin Morgan <admorgan@...> wrote:

      > Mine does not have this setting. I am guessing this is the 2008
      software
      > since I have the 2007 software.
      >
      > Austin Morgan
      >
      > "kitno10" <jan.pirard@...> wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Does nobody have this setting in their service menu?
      > >
      > > tx
      > >
      > > Jan
      > >

      > > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "kitno10" <jan.pirard@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Hi,
      > >>
      > >> I found in my service menu the setting "eco mode".
      > >>
      > >> Any idea what that is?
      > >>
      > >> My reseller told me in the new software there is a energy
      > > efficiency
      > >> program.
      > >>
      > >> If the blades "feel" resistance the wheel motors slow down.
      > >> And the blades don't run at full speed unless they again feel
      > >> resistance from long grass.
      > >>
      > >> I haven't noticed this since my new software.
      > >>
      > >> Any idea?
      > >>
      > >> tx

    • Nils Arne Løveng
      Message 2 of 5 , May 9, 2009
        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "kitno10" <jan.pirard@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I found in my service menu the setting "eco mode".
        >
        > Any idea what that is?
        >
        > My reseller told me in the new software there is a energy efficiency
        > program.
        >
        > If the blades "feel" resistance the wheel motors slow down.
        > And the blades don't run at full speed unless they again feel
        > resistance from long grass.
        >
        > I haven't noticed this since my new software.
        >
        > Any idea?
        >
        > tx

        Hi all!

        Sorry for bringing up an old post, but i haven't seen this topic elsewhere in the forum. Also, sorry for grammar and typos as english isn't my native language ;)

        I upgraded the software chip for my RL 1000 with this new "eco mode" and did my first cutting for the season today :)

        It is a big improvement with the sound level, and still the grass is getting cutted. I barely hear the cutting motors over the drive motors/gear. I have to do a few more cycles to see how it will affect the battery time.

        You can read more about "eco mode" here:
        http://forums.robomower.com/about/news/show/?article=58

        Regards
        Nils Arne