rl1000 docking issue/Front Wheel Problem..

  • scott.mike89
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2008
      Bit of a saga here - My RL1000 was previously backing out of the dock.
      I noted that the power supply was dropping to below 24V when under
      load. I solved that problem by swapping it out with a spare that I
      had. The voltage is now a pretty healthy 39V (is that too high?)

      Well, that worked fine for a week or so, but now the RL1000 won't
      recognise the dock - it mounts the dock, then responds with the
      ominous "Front Wheel Problem" message. I note also that there is no
      voltage present on the contact plates, but there is definately power
      to the circuit board.

      Has the charging station circuit board developed a fault? Is there
      normally a voltage present when the RL1000 is out of the dock (or does
      it switch on only after a sucessful dock?)
    • Matt Cooper
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2008
        How old is your RL1000? Look at the bottom of your front wheel shaft where it has two "pinch points".... is there a washer prest onto the pinch points or a "floating" washer that is loose? I will put something in my AutoMate Tools files section that will show that there is a fix for the older RL1000's that have a floating washer. The pinch points wear out and cause a docking problem on older RL1000's. There is a replacement shaft (like I mentioned above)with a stationary washe press-fit onto the pinch points. I just fixed an RL1000 customer's front wheel last week that had your same problem...my first discovery of the problem...call or text me at 214-538-0409 and I can send you a new shaft. I will also talk to you about the higher voltage power supply...

        Matt Cooper, Owner of AutoMate Tools
        Friendly Robotics Authorized Sales and Service,
        New RL and RM Robomowers & Durable Greenhouses
        Service specializing repairs and complete/partial upgrades*
        (Software, circuit boards, gear case upgrades, etc - a full service company)Phone # (214) 538-0409, Located at Mesquite, Texas - Serving all USA and Canada.

        *Increasing the acceleration/speed performance of RL500's and other RL model improvements.

        Robomower demonstrations for the Dallas/Fort Worth Area and elsewhere when possible.