Re: RL 500 problem

  • jerrywoodsi
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30 9:34 PM
      I will check the battery voltage in the morning (I will need to
      borrow a meter). I opened the controller to check for possible
      moisture, but it seemed dry. When I put it back to gether, It
      repeated the earlier discription. It said fully charged, I drove it
      to the yard and it went to the blank screen. When I plug it in it
      clicks and goes to the "black" screen and cuts off and then clicks
      again and repeats, and occasionaly spins to the right.

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Matt Cooper <mattcoop2@...> wrote:

      > When you plug the charger into the recepticle... Do you get a
      display message of "ready, keep charging"?

      > Check the voltage on the battery pack (depending upon your
      response, I may ask you to remove the pack top and check the
      batteries individually).

      > Matt Cooper, Owner of AutoMate Tools
      > Friendly Robotics Authorized Sales and Service,
      > New RL and RM Robomowers & Durable Greenhouses
      > Service specializing repairs and complete/partial upgrades*
      > (Software, circuit boards, gear case upgrades, etc - a full service
      company)Phone # (214) 538-0409, Located at Mesquite, Texas - Serving
      all USA and Canada.

      > *Increasing the acceleration/speed performance of RL500's and other
      RL model improvements.

      > Robomower demonstrations for the Dallas/Fort Worth Area and
      elsewhere when possible.

    • Tom Stewart
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2008
        Have you checked that your connections are tight and clean? If the screen is going blank, maybe there is a sporadic open connection, taking the battery out of the circuit. Try cleaning the battery connections. Clean the slide connectors on the outside of the battery box and on the Robomower inside of the battery box cavity.

        jerrywoodsi <jerrywoodsi@...> wrote: I will check the battery voltage in the morning (I will need to
        borrow a meter). I opened the controller to check for possible
        moisture, but it seemed dry. When I put it back to gether, It
        repeated the earlier discription. It said fully charged, I drove it
        to the yard and it went to the blank screen. When I plug it in it
        clicks and goes to the "black" screen and cuts off and then clicks
        again and repeats, and occasionaly spins to the right.

        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Matt Cooper <mattcoop2@...> wrote:

        > When you plug the charger into the recepticle... Do you get a
        display message of "ready, keep charging"?

        > Check the voltage on the battery pack (depending upon your
        response, I may ask you to remove the pack top and check the
        batteries individually).

        > Matt Cooper, Owner of AutoMate Tools
        > Friendly Robotics Authorized Sales and Service,
        > New RL and RM Robomowers & Durable Greenhouses
        > Service specializing repairs and complete/partial upgrades*
        > (Software, circuit boards, gear case upgrades, etc - a full service
        company)Phone # (214) 538-0409, Located at Mesquite, Texas - Serving
        all USA and Canada.

        > *Increasing the acceleration/speed performance of RL500's and other
        RL model improvements.

        > Robomower demonstrations for the Dallas/Fort Worth Area and
        elsewhere when possible.

      • jerrywoodsi
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2008
          I put the battery in this morning and the guy said "always follow the
          stafety instructions when using the mower". But the drive wheel one
          side is not working. I took the mower apart and found some water
          inside the mower (not sure from where as it has not been in the rain
          and am now letting it sit in the garage with a fan blowing on it to get
          it dried out. The water was around the wheel motor "tiny" circuit
          boards and in the "wells" below the gears. the mother board seems dry
          and the sensor and blade motors seem dry. Can anyone tell me if there
          is an easy way to test the motor which is not working and see if it is
          gone???

          thanks

          --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "jerrywoodsi" <jerrywoodsi@...> wrote:

          > I started my rl500 a few minutes ago and it jst stopped. The screen
          on
          > the controller makes a clicking noise and al the bars become "black"
          > and then it shuts off. Occasionally it will spontaneously make a
          > rightt turn. I have checked the fuse on the battery and the two
          below
          > the controller where it plugs in, but all appear whole. Anyone have
          > any clues????? i ran it a few days ago with no problems. when I
          drove
          > it to the yard the controller stated Fully charged. Drove without a
          > problem.
          > thanks

        • jerrywoodsi
          Message 4 of 9 , May 2, 2008
            Current situation. Mower shell off, dried with box fan overnight.
            everything looks dry. controller is working normally with the
            battery in place. Without the battery in the mower, when I plug the
            charger in I get a clicking noise out of the controller and the
            screen does the blank to all blocks black dance. About a tw sec
            interval between blank and all blocks black. With the battery in the
            controller seems to respond normally and when I plug the charger in
            it says charging.

            when i try to drive it to the yard, only the left (standing from
            behind the mower) will drive. the other seems dead, and after a
            moment or two of trying to get it to move I get a "motors ovc"
            message.

            I was hoping to upgrade as this is a used model I bought through
            craigslist.org. My wife loved the idea at first and I was thinking
            of upgrading next summer. this is putting a real hamper on that
            ideal due to the higher prices of the newer models. I realize that
            the newer ones are better built and you get what you pay for, but I
            have to convince the "boss" before making such an investment.

            any suggestions would be helpful.

            wrote:

            > I put the battery in this morning and the guy said "always follow
            the
            > stafety instructions when using the mower". But the drive wheel
            one
            > side is not working. I took the mower apart and found some water
            > inside the mower (not sure from where as it has not been in the
            rain
            > and am now letting it sit in the garage with a fan blowing on it to
            get
            > it dried out. The water was around the wheel motor "tiny" circuit
            > boards and in the "wells" below the gears. the mother board seems
            dry
            > and the sensor and blade motors seem dry. Can anyone tell me if
            there
            > is an easy way to test the motor which is not working and see if it
            is
            > gone???
            >
            > thanks
            >
            > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "jerrywoodsi" <jerrywoodsi@>
            wrote:

            > > I started my rl500 a few minutes ago and it jst stopped. The
            screen
            > on
            > > the controller makes a clicking noise and al the bars
            become "black"
            > > and then it shuts off. Occasionally it will spontaneously make a
            > > rightt turn. I have checked the fuse on the battery and the two
            > below
            > > the controller where it plugs in, but all appear whole. Anyone
            have
            > > any clues????? i ran it a few days ago with no problems. when I
            > drove
            > > it to the yard the controller stated Fully charged. Drove
            without a
            > > problem.
            > > thanks

          • Matt Cooper